Virgin Holidays View
A fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday, the Occidental Xcaret has a beautiful man-made cove beach, it is also adjacent to Xcaret Park-Mexico's celebrated natural theme park. Couples too will love the resort's relaxed atmosphere and incredible range of amenities, including 11 restaurants (1 exclusively for Royal Service guests) and 10 bars, catering to every taste and occasion. There are also 5 swimming pools to choose from, tennis courts and organised activities. At night, the fun continues with live music, shows and disco dancing!
Where is it?
Connected to Xcaret Park by boat or walking distance and overlooking the Riveria Maya on Mexico's Caribbean side. Playa del Carmen is 10 min away by taxi. Transfer time from airport: 1 hour 10 min.
Eats and drinks
11 restaurants (1 exclusively for Royal Club guests only), 5 of which are à la carte, including Le Buffet, Sonora Grill (steakhouse), Los Olivos (Italian), La Hacienda (gourmet Mexican). Also D'Oriental (Asian), El Pescador (seafood), La Piazza (pizzeria), Paco's Tacos and El Lago (serving snacks and light meals). Beach Club also serving snacks and light meals. 10 bars.
Daily activities programme. Nightly entertainment. Disco.
Fun and games
5 swimming pools, including 2 huge freeform pools with Jacuzzis plus a children's pool, spa*, fitness centre and solarium. Water sports with scuba-diving* and deep-sea fishing*. 1 paddle court, 2 tennis courts, shuffle board, archery and mini-golf. Supervised kids' club (4-12 years) with separate pool, buffet restaurant and daily activities. Ecological and cultural hikes*. Golf nearby*.
Exclusive waiting service for drinks. Laundry/dry-cleaning service*. Babysitting (on request*). Resort shuttle service.
Wheelchair Accessible Deluxe Rooms with king bed or 2 doubles and roll-in shower.
760 rooms in 15 buildings. All rooms with balcony/terrace, air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini-bar (replenished daily with soft drinks, bottled water and local beer), safety deposit box, iron and board, and hairdryer. Deluxe Rooms are spacious and richly decorated. Bathrooms have shower only. 1 king-size or 2 double beds sleeping max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children (under 12 years). Non-smoking rooms on request.
Junior Suite-as Deluxe Room but includes a spacious living area
Royal Club Luxury-luxury accommodation situated at the Royal Club, the exclusive section at the hotel that provides personalised services and VIP amenities.
Royal Club Junior Suite-as Royal Club Luxury Room but with living area.
The Royal Club offers an exclusive club-like atmosphere and the plush accommodation is located in three private buildings with 45 rooms and suites. Royal Club guests will enjoy spacious rooms and suites with hydro-massage bathtubs, private check-in and check-out reception, personal concierge service, business centre, in-room dining, stocked mini-fridge, luxurious linens and pillows, Etro toiletries, nightly turn-down service, fruit basket, plush bathrobes, preferred seating at à la carte restaurants and complimentary high speed Internet at The Royal Club Lobby. Royal Club members also have access to The Royal Club Restaurant with its variety of mouth-watering International dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Open 7.30am-10.30pm.
Grand Concierge/Grand Romance packages
Enhance your stay by adding a Grand Concierge or Grand Romance package to your room:
Grand Concierge includes turn-down service, superior room amenities including bathrobe, a bottle of wine, fruit basket and a 10% discount for a spa treatment.
Grand Romance includes turn-down service, surprise gift, a bottle of sparkling wine, one day breakfast in bed, a romantic dinner, 1-hour couples massage in room, chocolate covered strawberries and 10% discount for a spa treatment.
Club Room Benefits
For travel in 2013 Club Room benefits available as an additional supplement and include:
- Daily stocked mini-fridge
- Private check-in and check-out reception
- Preferred seating at a la carte restaurants
- Complimentary Internet use in the Royal Club lobby
- Access to the Royal Club Restaurant for breakfast and lunch and one dinner reservation per week
- Upgraded in-room amenities and bathrobe
- Access to Royal Club facilities
For travel in 2014 Club Room benefits available as an additional supplement and include:
- Private check-in
- Priority luggage delivery on arrival
- Twice weekly private speciality lunches including barbecue, paella and Mexican
- Private VIP area around the swimming pool with deluxe sun loungers
- Poolside waiter service from 9.00am-5.00pm and chilled towels circulated
- One massage per adult per week in the spa
- ipod with pre-loaded playlist for use whilst at the hotel
- upgraded in-room amenities and plush bathrobe.
Ultimate Xcaret Xperience (UXX)
Incorporate the Ultimate Xcaret Xperience with your stay and you will receive all day unlimited Xcaret Park access where you will also receive the following added extras:
- A private eco-cultural guided tour
- Complimentary access to the 'Xiquitos Sonando' kids activity
- Reserved seating at Gran Tlachco Theater for the "Xcaret México Espectacular”
- 10% discount off your meals and drinks whilst at the Xcaret Park.
- Plus any purchases you make at the Xcaret Park will be conveniently be delivered to your hotel room.
By adding the Ultimate Xcaret Xperience, in addition to all the fantastic All Inclusive benefits you automatically receive at the Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret, you will also get:
- VIP check-in
- Daily stocked mini-bar
- Unlimited reservations during your stay at the speciality restaurants (subject to availability).
- 30% discount off a 90-min Mayan massage
- Up to US$920* resort credit
* Resort Credit
- US$500 Resort Credit to put towards rounds of golf, rooms upgrades and spa treatments to enhance your stay at the Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret.
- US$180 Resort Credit can be spent on a whole host of tours and activities at the Xcaret Park from snorkelling and wildlife encounters to wine tasting.
- US$140 Resort Credit can be put towards local tours.
- US$100 Resort Credit to be spent on experiences at Xel-Ha-Park.
Please note: Restrictions and min/max spend per voucher apply to resort credit.
Dress code: In all menu-style restaurants, men are required to wear long trousers and shirts with sleeves (short sleeves acceptable). No beachwear or sandals.
*Denotes local charge.
Child ages at this property up to and including 12 years.
Reservations required at the a la carte restaurants (number of visits per stay dependant on duration)
All meals, snacks, soft and alcoholic drinks, including premium brands. Wine served with lunch and dinner. In room mini-bar with soft drinks, beer and water. All activities and entertainment detailed above unless otherwise stated.