In the season of peak flow, the mist and roar are perceptible from up to 25 miles away. The ultimate way to see the falls is the famous Flight of Angels. Guided walks through the rainforest let you witness the tumultuous waters from a variety of perspectives. Upstream from the falls, you can enjoy Sundowner Cruises on the Zambezi River, watching the local wildlife whilst sipping a glass of wine. Some of the best white water rafting in the world can be sampled in the gorge.
- Visit Victoria Falls
- Explore historic Livingstone
- Canoe down the Zambezi River
- Go on elephant-back safaris
- Take a sunset cruise for some wildlife adventures
- Helicopter flights over the Falls
- Tour of Chobe and visit the park
Mar – Motocross Enduro Rally / Gala Event / International Visual Atys and Crafts Exhibition / Interantional Cultural Festival
May – David Livingstone Bicentenary Golf Tournament / African Freedom Day Weekend / Namvula Rennie – performance on the banks of the Zambezi
Jun – The 2013 Put Foot Rally
Jul - Fishing Competition
Aug – Agricultural weekend
Sep – The 5th Zambezi International Rowing Regatta
Nov – 2 day Canoe Challenge
Please note: all events listed are for helpful information only and many are subject to entrance fees and/or prior reservation, and may be cancelled at any time. Please check with the relevant tourist office if you need further information on these or any of the other events in this region.
Time Difference - GMT +2 hours currency Zambian Kwacha. US Dollars also accepted.
Visa - British citizens require a visa to enter Zambia and this can be obtained on arrival or prior to travel. Single entry currently: US$50. Multiple entry currently: US$80.
Please note: You will require a multiple entry visa if travelling outside Zambia eg on a day trip to Chobe or if you join one of our Botswana safaris which returns via Livingstone. Multiple entry visas must be obtained in advance from the Zambian Embassy in London, UK.
Departure Tax - There is a departure tax of approx US$25 per person, payable locally.
Language - The official language is English.
Best Time to Visit
- Victoria Falls and the Zambezi River are spectacular in Apr and May after the rainy season, although the thick spray may obscure your view (a flip-by helicopter or microlight is an amazing way of viewing the Falls).
- Wildlife and game viewing is best in Sep and Oct as the wildlife is found mostly around waterholes and along riverbanks. It is also excellent from Jun-Aug.
- Birding is exceptional from Sep-mid Apr.
Different destinations have different magic touches so make sure to check them out to see what makes your holiday with us so special.
Flight Details - Virgin Atlantic flight to Johannesburg and an onward connection on Nationwide Airlines to Livingstone. If you are travelling from Cape Town, you will connect through Johannesburg.
Flight Time - 11 hours to Johannesburg. Onward connection to Livingstone: 1 hour 35 min.