Hotels in Hollywood
Essential information for Hollywood
Yes. You'll need to obtain approval no less than 72 hours prior to travel to the US via the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) scheme.
This is automobile city, but if you want to leave your car at home for the day, you can hop on the Metro Red Line, which will whizz you between downtown Hollywood and Universal Studios Hollywood.
Step into the movies and explore cinematic history with a holiday in Tinseltown. Here are its best attractions.
Entertainment & Sightseeing
- Drive along Mulholland Drive for fantastic sunset views from the Hollywood Hills.
- Spot the plaques of your favourite Hollywood stars on the legendary Walk of Fame or see them ‘in the flesh’ at Madame Tussauds.
- Visit the Kodak Theatre, known as the Dolby Theatre, on Hollywood Boulevard to see an Oscar® statuette and Academy Award® memorabilia.
- Leap into the movies at Disney’s El Capitan Theatre or Universal Studios® Hollywood.
- Visit legendary music venues such as The Viper Room on the world-famous Sunset Strip.
- Take a walking tour of hotels from Hollywood’s golden era in West Hollywood.
- Explore vintage movie memorabilia at The Hollywood Museum.
Food and Drink
- Explore the delis and restaurants of Fairfax, a foodie heaven and one of Hollywood’s coolest streets. Visit the original Farmer’s Market for food events and entertainment.
- Enjoy a taste of Old Hollywood over a cocktail at Chateau Marmont along Sunset Strip.
- Treat yourself in the designer shops of The Grove and watch the dancing fountains, then hop on the trolley to the Farmer’s Market.
- Stay at the Loews Hollywood Hotel, next to the Dolby Ballroom – home of the Academy Awards.
- Walk in the footsteps of Marilyn Monroe at the luxe Roosevelt Hotel.
Events & Festivals
- January & July: LA showcases its food scene with dineLA Restaurant Week
- May: North Hollywood hosts the North Hollywood Theatre & Arts Festival.
- July: Enjoy fireworks and live music at the Hollywood Bowl for 4th July celebrations.