Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK, 18+ only. Enter between: 08.00 GMT 24.11.17 and 23.59 GMT 24.11.17. No purchase necessary.
To Enter: Log onto your Twitter account, follow @VirginHolidays, retweet the Virgin Holidays Black Friday Prize Draw tweet, and reply to the tweet with the hashtag #RedIsTheNewBlack.
The Prizes: A 7-night trip to the Barbados for two people. Visit https://www.virginholidays.co.uk/black-friday-prize-draw/terms-and-conditions for Full Terms and prize details.
Promoter: Virgin Holidays
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to legal resident of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 years or over, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. Purchase is not necessary but a valid Twitter account and internet access is required.
3. Promotion Period: 08.00 GMT on 24 November 2017 to 23.59 GMT on 24 November 2017.
4. To Enter: Log onto your Twitter account (or create one for free), follow @VirginHolidays then retweet the Virgin Holidays Black Friday Prize Draw tweet pinned to the top of @VirginHolidays profile page, and reply to the tweet with the hashtag #RedIsTheNewBlack.
Entrants must ensure that their profile is public or the entry will be invalid.
6. Entrants must continue to follow @VirginHolidays after the end of the promotional Period in order to be contacted if selected as a winner.
7. One entry per person.
8. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
9. All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
10. The Prize: One winner will win a 7-night holiday to Barbados for 2 people including:
- Return economy class flights from London Gatwick Airport (LGW) or Manchester Airport (MAN);
- A 7-night stay for 2 adults in a One-Bedroom Ocean View Suite at Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels in Barbados.
- The accommodations include all meals, select beverages.
11. Further Prize Details:
- The prize is valid for travel until 30 November 2018 and must be taken before this date (including the return journey), based on availability and double occupancy.
- The prize must be booked with the promoter by 22 February 2018.
- Blackout dates where travel is not permitted includes: 18 December 2017–12 January 2018 and 30 March 2018–8 April 2018.
- The Winner must be one of the people travelling for the Prize.
- If the Winner cancels the booking that Winner shall no longer be eligible for any Prize and will be subject to any applicable cancellation fees.
- The Winner’s booking is accepted on the understanding that in the unlikely event of an overbooking at your chosen hotel, priority will be given to full revenue bookings, in which event you may be offered alternative dates or hotel.
- The Winner will be solely responsible for paying any relevant local taxes. Any such local taxes or extra charges not stated in the Prize are the Winner’s responsibility and shall be payable at check-in or as required. Credit card details may be required by the hotel upon check-in to cover incidentals during the stay.
- Accommodations must be requested within 90-days of arrival. Once reserved, change fees may apply.
- For Processing, original prize certificate must be legibly completed and sent to Reservations@eleganthotels.com – no later than 10 days after booking is made; otherwise, full rate will be charged upon check-in.
- Economy flights provided as part of the prize cannot be upgraded and air miles cannot be collected and are subject to the airline’s Conditions of Carriage.
- The Winner and their guest are solely responsible for their own passports, visas and insurance requirements, any vaccinations or other travel costs or expenses not expressly included in the Prize (including but not limited to transfers, car parking costs, spending money, gratuities and domestic transport).
- The holiday prize is subject to availability and standard booking terms and conditions, for full details please see www.virginholidays.co.uk/important/terms-and-conditions.
12. Winner Selection: All valid entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period will be entered into a prize draw to be conducted on the 27 November 2017 and, for your total confidence, by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service.
13. Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via direct message to the account used to enter on the 27 November 2017 and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and provide further details for the promoter to confirm acceptance and deliver the prize. In order to be eligible for the Prize, the winner must provide acceptance within 7 days of initial contact. In the event the winner does not respond to communications within the 7 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that Prize to an alternate winner selected in the same manner. The Promoter will contact up to 2 reserve winners if no response is received during the stated time period. Reserves may have less time to respond.
14. Prize will be distributed within 28 days of the winner confirming their holiday dates. Tickets can only be sent to the email address provided on Winner Notification.
15. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative to the prize is available in whole or in part. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative reward of equal or greater value.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and county of residence of the winner.
17. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any third-party products or services.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to accept any entries the Promoter deems, at its sole discretion, at any time not to comply with the terms as set out herein. If any element of an entry breaches these terms, the Promoter has the right to reject the whole entry, regardless of the stage the entrant has reached in the Promotion.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
20. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
21. Moderation: The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- Contains any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- Includes trademarks, logos, or copyright material not owned by you or used without the rights owner's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- Defames, misrepresents, or insults other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners); and
- Promotes any political agenda
22. Standard data rates apply to participants who submit a Twitter Submission or participate via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers (“provider”) may charge for airtime for each tweet sent and received. You should call their provider for pricing and service plan before mobile device participation.
23. The Promoter fully respects freedom of speech, but prior to entering the promotion, those selected as winners must not have uttered, posted, published or caused to be published by way of press, radio, television or in any social medium, any comments that are likely to discredit or damage the reputation of the promoter or their product(s) or service(s) or be in breach of the rules of the relevant media. In addition the winner must not do so during the life of the promotion. If, the promoter, in its absolute discretion, decides that a winner has breached this condition, that winner’s entitlement to the prize may be cancelled and a substitute winner chosen on the same basis as the original winner.
24. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
25. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
26. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or participating in the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
27. The name and county of the winner will be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to The Marketing Team, Virgin Holidays Black Friday WL, Virgin Holidays Ltd, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF after 31 December 2017 for 4 weeks.
29. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter and that Twitter have no liability for any element of this Promotion.
30. By entering this Promotion all entrants agree and are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
31. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Promoter: Virgin Holidays Ltd, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF.
- This document has been created for a specific promotion. If used for a different promotion it could result in terms that are not fit for purpose.
- Unauthorised copying of this document is whole or in part will constitute an infringement of copyright.
- Changes made to the Terms and Conditions will not be legally valid unless agreed in writing by PromoVeritas. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform PromoVeritas of any such changes, as this may affect the legality, operation and delivery of the promotion.