Everyone’s favourite half giant is here to take you on an adventure through the Forbidden Forest in the all-new attraction at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. Buckle up as we run through the top things you should know about Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure™.
- As the name suggests, you’ll encounter incredible creatures on your journey including Centaurs, Grindylows, Fluffy the three-headed dog and those mischievous Cornish pixies.
- Before venturing into the Forbidden Forest you’ll get a sneak peek into Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class, including dragon eggs about to hatch (hopefully not a Hungarian Horntail!)...
- Hagrid is Universal Orlando Resort’s most life-like animated figure to date. Actor Robbie Coltrane’s body movements and facial expressions were used to develop it, right down to digital scans of his teeth! His costume was designed by the same team responsible for his on-screen outfit and he stands at the same height as he does in the films – 7 feet 6 inches.
- The experience combines a new level of storytelling and innovative coaster technology with incredibly detailed sets including a real-life forest with 1200 live trees.
- It has the most launches of any rollercoaster in the world, seven in total. Hagrid's motorbike sure has some acceleration behind it.
- Remember Devil’s Snare from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone? Try to remember Hermione’s rhyme to defeat it as you’ll encounter the terrifying plant on your journey (hint: it sulks in the sun).
- You can choose what ride experience you have. Either hop on the motorbike like Hagrid or ride in the side-car like Harry. We’re already shotgunning the side car.
- If you’re expecting the park to be busier than Platform 9¾ on the first day of term, don’t worry. You'll have the option to join the Virtual Line on The Official Universal Orlando Resort App. Simply select the number of people in your party and choose a return time to join the queue. Enjoy the rest of the park experiences and pop back when you're ready to ride.
- It’s the longest coaster in Florida, measuring nearly one mile in length. It's also the first coaster in the US to feature a free-fall vertical drop of almost 17 feet. In the words of Ron Weasley – 'that’s bloody brilliant!'
If all this has got you ready to enrol in Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class, check out our holidays to Universal Orlando Resort and make the magic happen.