Hotels in Singapore
Essential information for Singapore
Shops open till 9.00pm or 10.00pm (except for Mustafa Centre in Little India, open 24 hours a day!). On Sundays, head to Clarke Quay markets, down by the river - you'll find all sorts of exotica. Come in June to attack the great Singapore sale - it's a retail frenzy!
Singapore is an intriguing holiday destination that fuses colonial history, beautiful marinas and futuristic skyscrapers. Here are its best attractions.
Sightseeing and Attractions
- Cruise on a traditional ‘bum boat’ to explore the river and waterways.
- Visit the S.E.A Aquarium, Adventure Cove Waterpark and Madame Tussauds on Sentosa Island.
- Get 360-degree city views from the Singapore Flyer.
- Enjoy fantastic panoramic views from 57 levels above ground on The Sands SkyPark® Observation Deck and watch the Wonder Full laser light show.
- Explore the Art Science Museum and see a stage show in the Marina Bay Sands theatre.
Adventure and Wildlife
- Follow The Southern Ridges Walk on the spectacular Henderson Waves Bridge between Telok Blangah Hill Park and Mount Faber Park.
- Take a guided tour of the 101-hectare Gardens by the Bay and admire the futuristic Supertree Grove. Visit in July for the Singapore Garden Festival.
- Swim in Asia’s largest pool at the Fairmont Singapore and enjoy a Travel Recovery Massage in the Willow Stream Spa.
- Explore colonial history at Raffles Hotel and shop for designer jewellery in their arcade.
Food and Drink
- Visit the long bar at Raffles and order a Singapore Sling.
- Tuck into Joshu Beef, steamed curry crab and an array of delicious noodle dished at Tonny Restaurant by celebrity chef Tonny Chan.
Events and Festivals
- Jan-Feb: See the impressive Chinese New Year celebrations at Marina Bay.
- July: Enjoy cuisine from the best chefs and hawkers at The Singapore Food Festival.