Hotels in Krabi
Essential information for Krabi
British citizens do not require a visa for stays less than 30 days.
The pace is unhurried and locals are friendly and welcoming. There's a wide variety of beach bars and simple restaurants serving tasty local dishes. For more natural sights, there are some amazing limestone formations - take a 15-min boat ride out to the most famous Khao Khanap Nam and explore spectacular caves filled with stalactites and stalagmites.
Known as Thailand’s ‘beach capital’, Krabi offers some of the longest sandy beaches in the country. Here are its best attractions.
- Ao Nang Beach offers family-friendly beach resorts overlooking dramatic limestone cliffs.
- West Railay Beach is a breathtaking beach framed by rocky cliffs and beach resorts.
- Phra Nang Beach is a picturesque bay home to famous caves.
- Relax on the ultra-secluded Pai Plong Beach at the Centara Grand Beach Resort.
Culture and Attractions
- Visit Wat Tham Sua, Krabi’s famous meditation monastery and walk 1,237 steps to the Buddha footprint for enjoy panoramic views.
- Take a ride on a songthaew, a Thai mini bus, around Krabi Town.
Adventure and Wildlife
- Take a boat to see the stalagmite and stalactite-filled caves of the Khao Khanap Nam.
- Go island hopping around Krabi’s top islands of Tup Island, Chicken Island and Poda Island, for sunbathing, snorkeling and diving.
- Pamper yourself with a head-to-toe spa day at The Rayavadee Spa.
- Enjoy the L’Occitane spa and largest pool in Thailand, at the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf Resort & Spa, overlooking the Klong Muang Beach.
Food and Drink
- Take a walk along Krabi’s river promenade to the night market and find everything from sushi and Thai street food to chocolate pancakes. Visit the morning market for sticky rice sweets and exotic fruit.
Events and Festivals
- March: The Laanta Lanta Festival celebrates the different cultures of Thailand.
- Sept/Oct: Krabi celebrates the Thai Vegetarian Festival.
- Nov: Food, kayak races and dance take place for the Krabi Boek Fa Andaman Festival.