Building your perfect holiday brick by Lego brick: Legoland highlights
Legoland is a top destination for all ages; from tiny tots to adults who are still in touch with their inner child. So if you want a fun holiday for the whole family, and you’re all Lego lovers, why not throw a bit of Florida sunshine into the mix as well? Build yourself a great holiday, brick by brick, at Legoland Orlando.
Okay, so technically, yes, it is meant for the kids. But be honest, who doesn’t love those crazy bricks? Legoland Florida resort offers the ultimate family holiday: it’s bright, it’s sassy, and it’s a family-friendly holiday to remember.
Filled with colour and guaranteed to get your kids’ imaginations running riot, Legoland Orlando is right in the heart of the Florida Theme-Park region, so you know that this destination is designed to cater for everyone. So expect much, much more than just amazing Lego sculptures to gaze at in awe. There’s rides, family shows and attractions, and that all-important water park (it gets hot in Florida, so you’ll need to cool off in true Legoland style). Become a Legoland Ninjago, or head for the beach retreat. And with so many great Legoland holiday deals on offer, you can have the time of your life without breaking the bank.
Where to stay in Legoland
As with any theme park, the real bonus with Legoland holidays is that you can stay right in the heart of all the action. Legoland Florida has two main accommodation hotspots, the Legoland Hotel, and the Legoland Beach Retreat.
Just a hop, skip and a jump from the entrance gate to the park, the Legoland Hotel looks like it’s been built out of Lego blocks and has creative, themed guest rooms. You’ll get a complimentary breakfast buffet, and the chance to get into the park before it opens with the Master Model Builder Sessions.
With 122 Lego-themed bungalows, 13 horseshoe-shaped ‘coves’ and great views of gorgeous Lake Dexter, the Legoland Beach Retreat makes a nice change from the usual hotel experience. The bungalows pick up the Lego theme (naturally), so the kids will love them. With all the benefits of a beach-front holiday, this really is a tick-all-the-right-boxes choice for all the family.
Things to do: What else is there in the Legoland Florida Resort?
- Legoland Water Park – Fortunately, the slides are not made of Lego bricks (which would hurt. A lot.), but you’ll find plenty of fun for all ages here, including a wave pool, slides and flumes, paddling pools, and creative corners where there are plenty of bricks to play with.
- Ninjago – As if your kids need any more ninja training… Here they can climb, hone their lightning reflexes, work their way through training camp to become a ‘Chosen One’. It’s great fun, and also helps kids get active in a fun environment they’ll love.
- VIP upgrades – treat yourself to a red, silver or even a gold upgrade and you’ll get VIP treatment across the park. A personal VIP host will look after you and you’ll get priority on rides and attractions, so there’s no queuing. You can add on a waterpark upgrade too.
- Exploring further afield – You’re just 45 minutes away from Orlando’s other theme parks. Don’t fancy driving? Book a seat on the Shuttle and it’ll take you right to Universal Boulevard, your gateway to Florida’s theme parks.
Everything at Legoland Orlando is within easy walking distance of accommodation within the resort, and we’re pretty sure the kids won’t want to leave. But if you do want to explore a little further afield then you’ve got plenty of options for getting around.
- Car Hire – this gives you the freedom to explore all that Orlando and the surrounding area has to offer. We’ve partnered with the best US car hire providers to give you instant access to no-fuss car hire. Hit the gas and go on your very own Florida road trip.
- Roundtrip shuttle – the Orlando shuttle picks up passengers and provides a daily round trip to Orlando.
- Legoland shuttle – this is the best way to travel to and from the park if you decide to stay outside of the resort. You’ll need to book your seat in advance for the Legoland shuttle by 11am the day before you intend to take the ride.
Food and drink
Have you brought your appetite? Good, because Legoland holidays give you the chance to experience true American dining at its best. Onsite there are plenty of choices that are all kid-friendly, including:
- Adventure Snacks – right next door to Dino Ice Cream, (so that’s pudding already sorted out) you can tuck into burgers, hot dogs, and nachos.
- Fun Town Pizza & Pasta Buffet – if you’re really hungry, this is the one to go for. An all-you-can-eat buffet offering pizza and pasta (who’d have thought with that name?), a salad bar and even fruity pizzas for desert, this restaurant caters for the hungriest of munchkins and the biggest of appetites.
- Panini Grill – for something a little lighter, this snack shop offers fresh sandwiches, salads, and the best ice cream float in the park.
- Skyline Lounge – sophisticated dining is on offer at the Skyline, a restaurant specialising in using local Florida produce. The kids will love the mocktails, while grown-ups can sample some Florida craft beers.
Legoland Orlando celebrates special events in its own inimitable style. Look out for:
- Ninjago days – meet Kai, Nya and Master Wu in person. Do you have what it takes to become a Lego Ninja? Catch them at the end of January and the beginning of February.
- Brick Dash 5K – lace up your running shoes in this family-friendly 5K fun run around the park in April. No stepping on brick jokes, please.
- LEGO Star Wars™ days – all through May it’s time for your little Jedis to use the force and defeat the dark side once and for all!
- Independence Day – it’s a firework fest at Legoland Florida on the 4th July, with a real celebration on offer for everyone.
- Brick or Treat – Halloween, LEGO-style, is frighteningly good fun (it’s kept light so little ones enjoy the experience and don’t get scared).
When to visit Legoland Florida Resort
Legoland holidays are on offer all year round, and with Florida’s excellent climate, a holiday to Legoland Florida resort is a great way to get some winter sunshine. The cooling breeze of the sea keeps the temperatures dialled back to comfortable levels, and means that even high summer is tolerable. Florida has definitely earned its reputation as the Sunshine State.
- Jan – March – soak up some winter sun with temperatures tending to range from 22-26°C during the day.
- April – June – enjoy temperatures of 28-33°C heading into summer and make the most of the longer days.
- July - September – with an average temperature of 33°C across the board, if you like it hot then this is the time to visit.
- October – December – with average temperatures between 25-30°C, the Autumn months are the ideal time to catch some sun before winter sets in back in Blighty.
So, if you have a family of Lego builders (big or small), make their dream of visiting Legoland Orlando a reality by checking out our Legoland hotels.