Hotels in Seychelles
Essential information for Seychelles
- Air Seychelles flights depart twice a week from London Heathrow on Fri and Sun (with a touchdown in Italy, no change of aircraft). Qatar Airways flights depart 4 times a week to Seychelles (change of aircraft in Doha required).
Best time to go
With a steady climate that rarely strays out of the 24 to 34°C range, the Seychelles promises sumptious sunshine, all-year round. Of course, like any tropical haven, there is a rainy season and if you're looking to leave your umbrella at home then avoid the months of January and February.
Highlights of Seychelles
The Seychelles is many things: an archipelago of over 100 islands, an oasis of rare flora and fauna, and a haven of dreamy beaches and colourful Creole food. The idyllic surroundings on this Indian Ocean island nation make it feel like a world away from the everyday. To help you get the most out of your Seychelles holiday, here are some top tips on things to do, see and taste.
They’re some of the world’s best, so don’t miss the beaches when you come to the Seychelles islands. Pack your swimming gear, sun cream and your favourite book, and get ready to enjoy some serious R&R. There are so many beaches here, you might be wondering where to start. Don’t worry, take a look at these highlights:
- Intendance Beach: A surfer’s paradise, Intendance Beach is home to large swells, creating perfect waves. Spectators can look out for turtles crawling across the white sand.
- Silhouette Island: If you’re looking to get away from it all, peaceful Silhouette Island is the place for you. The least populated beaches are positioned near the Hilton Labriz.
- Anse Lazio: Like your beaches a little more rugged? Head to Anse Lazio, which is surrounded by dramatic mountain peaks and forests.
- Anse Source d'Argent is reputed to be the most photographed beach in the world. With its soft white sand, clear turquoise water and huge granite boulders sculptured by the elements and time itself, it is not difficult to see why photographers and film makers still love to come here.
As the home of so many five-star resorts and prestigious hotels, luxury is not difficult to find in the Seychelles. Go on, spoil yourself – you are on holiday, after all. Here are a couple of indulgent picks for the perfect all-inclusive holiday or Seychelles honeymoon:
- Banyan Tree Spa: Treat both your body and your mind with the traditional Royal Banyan Herbal Massage at this world-renowned spa.
- The Four Seasons Resort: The spa at the Four Seasons Resort feels like a haven of calm and relaxation. The chakra rebalancing treatment is just the thing to get you feeling centred and content.
If there’s one thing you have to pack for your Seychelles holiday, it’s an appetite. There’s something to tantalise every tastebud, whether you’re in the mood for comfort food or fine dining. These are a few of the best spots:
- Beau Vallon on Mahé: Head to this scenic bay on the northwestern island of Mahé for a wide array of restaurants. The traditional, local cuisine at La Plage, and the Boat House are always a hit. La Perle Noire also has an extensive menu and first-class service.
- Takamaka Rum Distillery: While you’re visiting the island of Mahé, make sure you pay a visit to this rum distillery, where you’ll have the chance to take a rum tasting tour and learn more about the history of rum making in the Seychelles.
When you’ve had your fill of picturesque beaches and delicious food (or even if you haven’t), head off the beaten track and discover the less explored side of the Seychelles. Here are some experiences you won’t want to miss:
- Valleé de Mai: On the island of Praslin you’ll find this extensive nature reserve. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the extremely rare Seychelles Black Parrot and Coco de Mer Palms, in fact this park is one of only two places in the world where it grows in its natural state.
- Sainte Anne National Marine Park: Spanning over a number of small islands – including Silhouette and Round – this park offers plenty of opportunities to discover marine life by diving and snorkelling.
- Moyenne Island: A flora and fauna reserve since the 1970s, this is a diverse and fascinating island. Don’t miss the giant Seychelles Tortoises.
- Morne Seychellois National Park: Want to get active on your Seychelles holiday? Hike through misty forests to the top of Morne Blanc, and enjoy the magnificent panoramic views.
The Seychelles has a rich and varied history, remnants of which are dotted over its many islands. Find out more with these cultural and historical highlights:
- Victoria: As the capital of the Seychelles, Victoria on Mahé is home to The Natural History Museum, The Victoria Clocktower and a busy and colourful market.
- Mission Lodge Lookout: Mission Lodge is one of the most well-known viewpoints in the whole of the Seychelles for a reason. From the top, at a gazebo where Queen Elizabeth II once enjoyed tea, you’ll be treated to sweeping sea and mountain views.
The Seychelles is an incredible destination to visit all year round. But if you’re looking for something a little different on your getaway this year, plan it to coincide with any one of these exciting events:
- Seychelles Carnival International de Victoria: In April, the islands invite floats from around the world to take part in this exuberant event with street food, live music and dancing.
- The Festival Kreol: The week-long Festival Kreol in October is arguably the most notable and important event to occur in the Seychelles. Celebrate food, music and culture with a range of free and paid events, allowing you to plan your perfect itinerary.
- Seychelles Ocean Festival: Visit the Seychelles in December and enjoy this outdoorsy festival, which features sports events, competitions and exhibitions.
When it’s time to start packing your suitcase, as well putting in your beachwear favourites, please bear in mind that a dress code may apply at your resort. Beachwear is fine for a wander by the sea, but not usually permitted in restaurants. Smart casual in the evening is the way forward (men may be requested to wear long trousers and collared shirts), so it’s time to dig out those outfits you’ve been waiting to show off.
Mouth-watering cuisine, idyllic beaches and fascinating culture are waiting for you on a holiday in the Seychelles. To start planning your getaway or to learn more about our exclusive Seychelles holiday deals, check out our range of hotels and packages now.
Terms and conditions
*Save 10% per person (excluding infants) off Indian Ocean Holidays. This saving applies to new package holidays (flight and accommodation) booked between 00.01 Thursday 11th April 2019 and 23.59 Monday 6th May 2019, for travel between 12th April 2019 and 29th February 2020. Bookings are subject to availability and Virgin Holidays standard terms and conditions apply. Prices advertised online include an online discount, which is not available when booking in-store or by telephone where a higher price may apply. Enter the code INDOCN10 on the guest details page of this website and the 10% saving will be applied to the holiday price. 10% saving applies to the total cost of the holiday, excluding APD, fuel surcharges, taxes and booking fees Virgin Holidays reserves the right to (i) withdraw the promotion (ii) cancel or change the promotion, (iii) amend these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances make this necessary and without further notice. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer, promotion or discount including the Frequent Virgin Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and Tesco Club Card. Calls cost no more than calls to geographical numbers (01 or 02). ATOL protected (2358) and ABTA (V2043) for Virgin Holidays.