Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa
Rasa Sayang takes its name from an old Malay folk song that means ‘a feeling of love’ – exactly what you’ll experience when you arrive here! A beautiful resort, it also enjoys a luxurious setting in 30-acres of lush gardens, framed by majestic ancient rain trees. Some of the world’s most recognisable names have holidayed here, including celebrity author Barbara Cartland and the former King of Cambodia. A definite attraction is CHI, The Spa, the largest and most luxuriously appointed in Penang. There’s also award-winning cuisine served at the Ferringi Grill, which boasts a wine cellar and cigar menu, or indulge in buffet delights at the Spice Market Café.
- Swimming Pool
- Kids Club
- Children’s Playground
- Children's Pool
- Room Service
- Safety Deposit Box
- Fitness Centre/Gym
- Internet Access
- Beachfront location
Where is itOn Batu Ferringi Beach. A 20-minute drive from George Town. Private transfer time from Penang Airport: 45 minutes.
302 rooms in 2 wings - Garden Wing and Rasa Wing. Garden Wing Rooms have balcony, air-conditioning, TV, complimentary WiFi access, alarm/clock radio, tea/coffee-making facilities, mini-bar*, safe, iron and board, and hairdryer. Deluxe Garden View Rooms have majestic tropical garden views, sleeping maximum 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
Half Board/Full Board options: meals can be taken at any of the resort restaurants, in-room dining is not included.
Deluxe Sea View Rooms with full seaview, sleeping maximum 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
Superior Family Room, sleeping maximum 2 adults and 1 child.
For the Rasa Wing, Rasa Superior Rooms have large floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the rainforest, sleeping maximum 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
Rasa Deluxe Rooms face the majestic tropical garden, sea and all have a private terrace, sleeping maximum 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
Rasa Premier Rooms are larger and have a relaxing tub on the balcony facing the garden and the sea, sleeping maximum 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
RASA WING PRIVILEGES
Only guests who stay in the Rasa Wing will be entitled to enjoy the following Rasa Wing Privileges:
- A la carte breakfast served at the Feringgi Grill (located on the Mezzanine floor at the Rasa Wing, access through the Rasa Wing lobby) from 7:00am-10:30am daily and buffet breakast Spice Market Café (located at the Garden Wing) from 6:30am-10:30am
- Afternoon tea is served at the Rasa Lounge from 3:00pm-4:00pm daily
- Selected alcoholic beverages including cocktails are served at Rasa Lounge from 5:30pm-7:00pm daily (charges applicable after 7:00pm)
- Coffee/tea, juices and soft drinks at the Rasa Lounge throughout the day
- Complimentary tea/coffee and soft drinks served at the Rasa Wing Pool from 9:00am-5:00pm
- Complimentary WiFi access at the Rasa Lounge
- Complimentary selected mini-bar items stocked (once per stay)
- Two specialty baths - one with fine Australian sea salts blended with fine French clay, and one with flower petals - available at RM 60 net per bath
- Complimentary shoeshine service
- Complimentary selection of movies and music CDs available
[Note: Hours of operation are subject to change]
The Rasa Wing Lounge is located on the ground floor of the Rasa Wing and is open from 7:00am-11:00pm daily. Please be advised that smart casual attire is required at Rasa Wing Lounge (gentlemen to wear long trousers). At the request of Rasa Wing Lounge patrons who wish to enjoy the quiet ambience of the Rasa Wing Lounge, children are not allowed after 6:00pm. As a guest of the Rasa Wing, you will have access to the exclusive Rasa Wing swimming pool (children must be 16 years and above). Alternatively, the Garden Wing swimming pool, which is designed for families, is also accessible to Rasa Wing guests.
Feringgi Grill & Feringgi Bar, Spice Market Café, Pinang Restaurant and Bar. FIP Lounge, Rasa Deli, Club Lounge. Rasa Lounge (only for Rasa Wing guests). Pool bar. 3 outdoor swimming pools, including freeform swimming pool. CHI, The Spa with yoga pavilion*. Tennis courts, table tennis. Adventure Zone Kids' Club. Health club. Par-3 pitch and putt golf course. Spa boutique. Complimentary WiFi available throughout the resort. 24-hour room service*. Complimentary daily shuttle service to George Town.
Good general access for guests who are able to walk short distances and can manage up to six steps. For more information and contact details please check out ourSpecial Assistance page
5 nights between 23 Dec-2 Jan.
* Denotes local charge.