Terms and conditions
Win a Holiday with Virgin Holidays
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to participating in Virgin Holidays’ Competition. By participating in the Competition each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your reference.
“Prizes” means one, 5 night stay for 2 adults at the Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai, including return economy flights with Virgin Atlantic, as further set out at clause 6.
“Competition” means the competition described on the Website, on the event location or in selected branches of Virgin Holidays and as governed by these Terms and Conditions;
“Competition period” means the total amount of “Games” that take place across 3 shopping centers, set out in clause 2.4. There is 1 “Campaign period” in total.
“Entrant” means any individual who has entered this competition in accordance to clause 2 who is a resident in the United Kingdom with a valid EU passport, and submits the information as required in these terms or any relevant entry instructions;
“Game” means the task that all Entrants must take part in to enter the competition;
‘’Winner’’ means the Entrant who is most successful in the Game and per the terms set out at Clause 4.
“The Promoter” means Virgin Holidays and their partners;
“Site” means www.virginholidays.co.uk; and
“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out in this document;
2. Entering the Competition
2.1 The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and the families of the Promoter and associated companies including Virgin Holidays or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition.
2.2 The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Entrants and to disqualify any Entrant if they have reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
2.3.1 Entrants must take part in The Game, set out in clause 4, to enter the competition
2.3.2 To qualify for this competition, entrants must ensure they provide their name, contact telephone number, email address and postal address. Marketing consent is optional at the point of entering the competition.
2.4 The Competition Periods shall be as follows:
Glasgow Braehead: 17th June 9:30am to 6:30pm and 18th June 10am to 6pm
Manchester Trafford Centre: 24th June 10am to 8pm and 25th June 12pm to 6pm
Leeds Trinity Centre: 30th June 10am – 8pm, 1st July 10am – 8pm and 2nd July 11am – 5pm
3. Legal Terms
3.1 If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation. All associated terms and conditions were correct at the time of publishing. All associated terms and conditions were correct at the time of publishing.
3.2 By entering the Competition, Entrants hereby warrant that all entry details submitted are true, current and complete. Competition Entrants are providing information to Virgin Holidays and their respective partners involved in the competition (as set out at clause 5.1).
3.3 There is a limit of one entry per person across the entire Competition period. Any duplicated entries will be removed from any records and may also be disqualified. .
3.4 The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entry or content that is lost, delayed, misdirected, corrupted or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
4. The Game
4.1 To enter you must agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document. The Game must be completed by the Entrant to enter the competition.
4.2 The title of the Game is “Win a Holiday with Virgin Holidays”
4.3 The Game is for entrants to pack a suitcase with a total weight of 23kg or as close to 23kg as possible. The weight of the scales will be hidden, until revealed by the compere. .
4.4 Should any Entrants suitcase exceed 23kg (23.01kg) they will be disqualified.
4.5 Entrants will have 45 seconds pack their allocated suitcase.
4.6 Every Entrant will have their contact details and weight recorded. After the Campaign period, the Entrant who reached 23kg or closest to this amount, will win the Prize. If there are multiple Entrants who had reached 23kg or reached the same weight closest to 23kg, these entrants will go into a random draw to reveal 1 winner.
4.7 A leaderboard will be set up at each shopping centre, displaying the top 5 Entrants. The Leaderboard names will display Entrants only at that particular centre, but Entrants are able to ask for top scoring details from the other shopping centres.
5.1 The Winner will be contacted within 14 days of the competition closing using the details provided. The promoter shall not be responsible if they are unable to contact the winner using supplied details.
5.2 The Winner shall be required to accept their Prize within 14 days of being contacted. Any Winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 14 days of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize and no compensation will be given. The Promoter shall be entitled (but not required) to select an alternative Winner from the relevant competition date and will begin by contacting the Entrant with the second best score for that day.
6.1 There will be one prize offered across all Competition periods. The Winner shall be awarded return flights and 5 nights’ accommodation for two adults, staying at Atlantis, The Palm – Dubai. Flights depart from London Heathrow on the Tuesday 5th December 2017, returning to London Heathrow on Sunday 10th December 2017.
6.2. The prize is non-transferable, non-endorsable, non-refundable, non-negotiable and has no cash redemption value or cash alternative.
6.3 The Prizes are subject to availability as set out in clauses 6.4.1 to 6.4.5 for each hotel and the Virgin Holidays standard Terms and Conditions, (see http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/ for full details).
6.4.1 Prize terms: This prize is valid for two people over 18, subject to availability. Date of departure, return or duration of stay are fixed and cannot be negotiated.
6.5 The prize does not include insurance; it is a flights and accommodation only offer. Should any hotel listed be sold or suffer any material change resulting in the closure of the hotel during the validity of this prize, hotels, resorts nor Virgin Holidays will be held liable for alternative accommodation.
6.6 The prize includes return economy flights only. No in-resort coach transfers are included. Additional nights or adults/children are not permitted and cannot be negotiated. Holiday prize is subject to availability and our standard booking terms and conditions apply. For full details please see www.virginholidays.co.uk.
6.7 Economy flights provided as part of the prize cannot be upgraded and air miles cannot be collected. Travel insurance and transport to and from the airport in the UK are not included.
6.8 The Winner will receive an email with full details about how to make the booking. The Winner will be solely responsible for making the arrangements in order to redeem their Prize. Failure to follow the instructions, meet the booking date or to make a reservation will result in the Prize being forfeited.
6.9 Once dates are confirmed there will be an administration fee, the total cost of which payable by the Winner for any changes made to the reservation by the Winner.
6.10 If the Winner cancels the booking the Winner shall no longer be eligible for any Prize.
7. Other Legal Terms
7.1 The Winner must be one of the people travelling for the Prize. Winner and guest must both be aged 18 or above to be eligible for travel.
7.2 The Winners and their guest are solely responsible for their own passports, visas, insurance, any vaccinations or other travel costs or expenses not expressly included in the Prize (including but not limited to spending money, tips and domestic transport).
7.3 The Winners will be solely responsible for paying any relevant local taxes. Any such local taxes or charges are the Winners’ responsibility and shall be payable at check-in or as required.
7.4 The Winner and guest are responsible for complying with all travel and health requirements and recommendations for the country of destination.
7.5 The Winner accepts that the Promoter will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use his/her name and county of residence for the purposes of announcing the Winner and for related promotional purposes.
7.6 There are no cash or other alternatives to the Prize stated. The Promoter reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond its control mean that the Prize as described cannot be provided. The Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
7.7 No purchase is necessary.
7.9 These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any claims and/or disputes arising out or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
7.10 The Promoter of this Competition is Virgin Holidays, whose registered office is at Virgin Holidays, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF
7.11 The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters and communication in relation to its decisions shall not be entered into.
7.12 The Winner agrees to comply with all terms and conditions, rules, regulations or any other reasonable instructions of the hotel, airline and any other partner organisations involved in the administration of this Competition and the Prize.
7.13 By entering the Competition, the Winner(s) agrees to take part in any publicity relating to competition should you be invited to do so without compensation and the Promoter reserves the right to publish the Winner’s name and county in any materials relating to this Competition, whether printed or via digital channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Blog platforms.
7.14 The Promoter provides no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage arising from Entrants’ entry in the competition or from the Winner’s enjoyment of the Prize.
7.15 By entering the Competition Entrants accept these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in disqualification from the competition and forfeiture of the Prize.
7.16 The name and county of the Winner shall be available for a period of 3 months from the date of the Competition. You can request information on the winner of the each Competition by writing to the Promoter’s address as set out at clause 7.13, including a stamped and self-addressed envelope.
£1,000 Holiday Voucher Prize Draw
Online Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Virgin Holidays, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF
1. Eligibility: The promotion is open to all UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Virgin Holidays Limited (the “Promoter”), their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
2. Promotional Period: Opening and closing time of promotion 17th June 2017 –2nd July 2017 - received outside of this time frame will not be accepted.
3. Entry Instructions: To have one entry in the prize draw, customers will be asked to fill in their name, email and phone number on an iPad in store.
5. There is a maximum of 1 entry per person across the Promotional Period.
6. The prize: There will be 1 prize overall. The winner will receive £1,000 worth of Virgin Holidays vouchers. Virgin Holidays terms and conditions apply, see virginholidays.co.uk/important/terms-and-conditions
7. Prize selection and fulfilment: The draw will occur within 30 days of final closing date. The winner will be selected at random from all entries made, via a verifiable computer system producing random results. The winner will be contacted by either phone or email and will be required to supply a registered address to receive the vouchers. If the winner is not contactable or fails to respond to initial winner notification within 14 days from the date of the initial notification, the prize may be reallocated by the Promoter to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. The vouchers will be posted within 30 days after the winner has been contacted.
8. General: The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
9. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/ or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
10. The Promoter does not assume any responsibility or liability for communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to notification of any winner.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including, but not limited to, asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days); to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements. Or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
12. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding.
14. The winner may be required to take part in publicity with no recompense, this will include the provision of their full name and county for the winners list. The full name and county of the winner will be available by writing to BD Network, Tea Building, 56 Shoreditch High St., London, E1 6PQ within 3 months of the closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope.
15. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
16. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction