UK, 21+ only. Enter between: 3/11/17 & 30/11/17. Normal entry restrictions apply. No purchase necessary. To Enter: Record a 60 second video showing why you are the best person to take the Virgin HoliDOs Challenge and upload and share your video to Instagram or Twitter as a post/tweet using #VirginHoliDOs and mentioning @VirginHolidays, or upload your video to other sharing platforms and share a link to the video on Twitter using #VirginHoliDOs and mentioning @VirginHolidays. The Prizes: 1 x pair tickets for an adventure trip to Canada and USA with 50 experiences. Visit https://www.virginholidays.co.uk/ultimateholido/terms-and-conditions for full Terms & prize details. Promoter: Virgin Holidays Ltd.
1. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 21 years or over, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. Purchase is not necessary but internet access is required.
3. Promotion Period: 00.01 GMT on 3rd November 2017 to 23.59 GMT on 30th November 2017.
4. To Enter:
One entry per person.
5. Further entry details:
6. Winner Selection:
a) Entries will be judged and five entrants will be shortlisted within 7 working days after the close of the Promotion by Virgin Holidays Ltd and PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service based on:
i) UP FOR THE CHALLENGE: Does it appear that the entrant has what it takes to complete 50 experiences in four weeks?
ii) CREATIVITY: Is there anything that sets the entry apart?
iii) STYLE & PRESENTATION: How well does the entrant come across? Is the entrant engaging/interesting to watch? How does the quality of the entrant’s video compare to other entrants?
b) The five shortlisted entrants will be invited to attend an interview selection process either in person or remotely where the winner shall be selected. Expenses relating to travel to and from the interview are not provided by Virgin Holidays Ltd.
7. The Prize: One winner and a guest will receive:
i) a holiday for a total of 28 days in North America spread across two separate trips including:
ii) return economy class flights from a London based airport to the United States of America; and
iii) accommodation for the duration of the first trip in a shared twin room in North America with breakfast included; and
iv) return economy class flights from a London based airport to North America; and.
v) accommodation for the duration of the second trip in a shared twin room in North America with breakfast included; and
vi) a daily allowance of $50 per person per day for general expenses; and
vii) a total of 50 experiences for the winner, guest involvement is subject to availability.
8. Winner Notification:
a) Shortlisted entrants will be notified by direct messaging through the social media channel they applied through within 10 working days after the end of the promotional period and will need to respond within 14 days of the first contact received to accept their invitation for the interview day. If a winner does not respond within the 14 days of first contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and pick another entrant.
b) The winner will be notified within 5 working days from the interview day to confirm their selection. The winner would need to respond within 14 days of this notification. If the winner does not respond within the 14 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and pick another shortlisted entrant.
9. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. By accepting the Prize, the winner and their guest agree to take part in all offered experiences using the itinerary provided;
b. Upon accepting the Prize the winner and their guest agree to be featured in footage captured by Virgin Holidays Ltd, which may be featured on Virgin Holidays Ltd social channels and for other promotional and marketing purposes;
c. A representative from Virgin Holidays Ltd will accompany the winner and guest over the duration of the trips to assist and document the experience;
d. The winner and their guest must ensure that they are available to travel between 22nd of April 2018 and 5th May 2018 for the first trip, and between 17th June 2018 and 30th June 2018. If the winner and their guest are unable to confirm their availability Virgin Holidays Ltd reserves the right to disqualify the winner and award the prize to another shortlisted entrant;
e. Airline seats are subject to availability;
f. Flights will depart from a London based airport;
g. The winner’s travel companion must be 21 years of age or older at the date of departure;
h. Flights may be overnight so recipients may be required to depart or arrive in their home country either side of the specified trip dates.
i. The winner and their guest must travel together in both directions;
j. All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip;
k. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable;
l. The winner and their guests must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage;
m. Once tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown;
n. Travel must be taken at the stated times; no alternatives are available. Name changes to the flight seats once confirmed are not permitted;
o. If a booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternative tickets will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided;
p. Flights cannot be used in conjunction with Promoter`s loyalty programme, any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s) or special offer;
q. Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued on the flight tickets. An upgrade cannot be purchased on these tickets with cash or Frequent Flyer points;
r. On-board meals are provided on Virgin Atlantic flights but other flight extras are not included in the prize (flight extras include, but are not limited to, duty free goods);
s. The winner and their guest will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner and their guest and must meet US entry requirements. Please note, effective 1 April 2016, all passengers travelling to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program must hold a passport with an integrated chip.
t. Travel costs relating to transfer to and from the airport in North America and transfer to and from any planned experiences will be provided by the promoter. Any travel costs relating to transfer to and from UK airports will not be provided by the promoter.
u. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
v. Specified accommodation, restaurants, and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered depending on availability.
w. The winner will be required to sign a legal waiver, confidentiality undertaking, assignment of rights and disclaimer of liability as a condition of accepting and partaking in the prize;
x Insurance is not provided as part of the Prize. It will be the winner’s and (if applicable) their guest's responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law the Promoter shall have no liability to the Winner in relation to any Prize, its fitness for purposes, merchantability or otherwise;
y. Certain parts of the prize require particular levels of health or fitness. The winner and guest should ensure that they are capable of meeting the required standards. Should either the winner or guest’s health circumstances change at any time the promoter should be notified immediately (e.g. injury, pregnancy, medical condition);
z. The winners must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs;
aa. All medical conditions are required to be detailed in advance of the accepting the prize and a doctor’s note may be required;
bb. Activities will vary depending on availability and weather conditions.
cc. The Promoter will pay the cost of the standard shared twin room plus related room taxes;
dd. The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes; and
ee. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
10. The Promoter will update this clause to include the names of any judges involved with the Promotion at relevant stages of the promotion.
11. Moderation: The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
12. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries and any assets or content generated from the point of accepting the prize to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to two years for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion for up to two years. Each entrant also grants the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
13. Standard data rates apply to participants who submit an Instagram or Twitter Submission or participate via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers (“provider”) may charge for airtime for each tweet sent and received. You should call their provider for pricing and service plan before mobile device participation.
15. Subject to Instagram and Twitter’s applicable terms of service and except where otherwise prohibited, all tweets and Instagram posts become property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
16. Twitter has file size limits and video specifications that need to be followed. Please see https://dev.twitter.com/rest/media/uploading-media for more details.
17. The Promoter fully respects freedom of speech, but prior to entering the promotion, those selected as winners must not have uttered, posted, published or caused to be published by way of press, radio, television or in any social medium, any comments that are likely to discredit or damage the reputation of the promoter or their product(s) or service(s) or be in breach of the rules of the relevant media. In addition winners must not do so during the life of the promotion. If, the promoter, in its absolute discretion, decides that a winner has breached this condition, that winners entitlement to the prize may be cancelled and a substitute winner chosen on the same basis as the original winner.
18. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other alternative to the prizes are available in whole or in part. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative Prize of equal or greater value.
19. The full names, counties and the winning entries of the winners can be obtained by emailing VirginHoliDo@promowinners.com and quoting “VirginHoliDo WL” in the subject line, from 1 month after Winner Selection for a period of 2 months.
20. By entering, winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or by its agencies.
21. If you are the winner of the Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
22. By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted that they are bound by the terms and conditions
23. In the unlikely event that despite the Promoter’s best endeavors, they are unable to administer the Promotion fairly or properly, The Promoter and their affiliated companies are not responsible and have the right to cancel or change the Promotion. They will only do this in exceptional circumstances. The Promoter also has the right to disqualify a participant if they tamper or abuse the entry process and they will not be entitled to the prize if they have acted fraudulently or dishonestly.
24. No liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
26. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion.
27. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
28. The Promoter may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these terms and conditions.
29. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize.
30. The decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts or England and Wales.
Promoter: Virgin Holidays Ltd, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF.