Hotels in Phuket
Essential information for Phuket
British citizens do not require a visa for stays less than 30 days.
During mid-Autumn candles, cakes and incense feature more frequently than usual to celebrate the Moon Festival whilst November promises Krathong where waterways become covered in decoratively adorned floats in respect of the water spirits.
A land packed with delicious flavours and more than 30 paradise beaches, Phuket is a must-see paradise. Here are its attractions.
- Lively Patong Beach is packed with restaurants and nightclubs, yet has secluded all-inclusive resorts like the Amari Phuket close-by.
- Karon Beach, on the West Coast is Phuket’s third longest beach. It’s close to family-friendly Centara Grand Beach Resort and Centara Karon Resort.
- Mai Khao Beach is beautifully undeveloped save for one or two hotels. Stay at the Indigo Pearl Resort.
- Find paradise at The Village Coconut Island, home to villas with private pools and Thai healing ritual in the spa.
- Discover historic streets and Sino-colonial architecture on a walking tour of Phuket Town.
- Explore Phuket’s most impressive Buddhist temples and Chinese shrines. See the golden Buddha at Wat Khao Rang and the Jui Tui Shrine.
- Enjoy the Coqoon spa and superb dining at Indigo Pearl, behind the ultra-secluded Nai Yang Beach.
- For some true luxury stay a few nights in your own villa with private pool at the Six Senses Yao Noi with stunning views over the limestone castes of Phang Nga Bay
Wildlife and Adventure
- Discover the largest virgin forest in Southern Thailand at Khao Sak National Park. Sirinat National Park is a sea turtle habitat with peaceful beaches and nature trails.
- Take a boat to the Ao Phang Nga National Park, home to coral reefs, dramatic limestone cliffs, mangrove forests and caves.
Food and Drink
- Pick up street food and (if you dare) fried insects at the Phuket Weekend Market.
- Eat in one of Phuket Town’s trendy restaurants such as One Chun Café, Raya or Ka Jok See.
Events and Festivals
- April: Everyone in Phuket gets a soaking for the famous Songkran festival.
- December: Sailing and partying come together for The King’s Cup Regatta.