Essential information for Toronto
- Fly direct from London Heathrow to Toronto Airport with Air Canada.
Do I need a visa?
Shopping in Toronto
Ethnically diverse with distinctive districts, shopping is a unique experience with 5 Chinatowns, Little Italy, Little Portugal, and the Gerrard India Bazaar to explore. There is also fantastic shopping at the Eaton Centre.
Home to hockey, culture and the world’s largest film festival, Toronto is packed with things to do on your holiday. Here are its best attractions.
- Explore memorabilia from the greatest hockey players at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Then watch the home team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, play.
- Enjoy the weekly farmer’s market, street entertainment and – in winter – the famous ice skating rink, in Nathan Phillips Square.
- See cultural exhibitions, dinosaur galleries and incredible glasswork by Dale Chihuly at the Royal Ontario Museum.
- Take the family to Toronto Zoo, the largest zoo in Canada, home to over 5,000 animals.
- Join a Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) or SUP Yoga lesson in Toronto Island beaches.
- Visit Niagara Falls and enjoy amazing views from the Skylon Tower observation deck.
- Dine on delicious seafood at 360, the revolving restaurant at the CN Tower.
- Try the local Mill Street specialty brews in the beer halls of the historic Distillery District.
- Follow the wine route of Ontario to The Niagara Region wineries.
- Jun/Jul: Join 500,000 music lovers for The Toronto Jazz Festival.
- Sep: More than 300 films are screened for the Toronto International Film Festival.