Hotels in Vancouver
Essential information for Vancouver
- Fly from London Heathrow to Vancouver Airport with Air Canada.
Do I need a visa?
Not to be missed
Perhaps one of the best things to do in Vancouver is to orientate yourself on a sightseeing tour. Buy yourself a pass, valid for 2 days, on the Hop On Hop Off Trolley and explore at your own pace the delights of Gastown, Chinatown, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Robson Street, English Bay and more.
Highlights of Vancouver
Vancouver, aka ‘Van City’ combines the outdoor life with a vibrant city. Here are its best attractions.
- Hop on the Vancouver Trolley to see historic Gastown, Chinatown, Granville Island, Stanley Park, The West End and other key sights.
- Explore Beacon Hill Park, the historic James Bay and North America’s second oldest Chinatown in the provincial capital of Victoria, on Vancouver Island. Walk down Fan Tan Alley, the city’s narrowest street at just 0.9 metres wide.
- Take a Floatplane to Vancouver Island and board a Zodiac vessel to go whale watching.
- Head to Grouse Mountain and take a one-mile aerial journey above the forest on Skyride.
- Explore Butchart Gardens, Victoria, home to the world’s greatest floral displays.
- Enjoy a family day out at Vancouver Aquarium, the largest of its kind in Canada.
- Dine on fresh salmon sushi, explore world cuisine and see live cooking shows at Granville Island Public Market and visit Canada’s first microbrewery.
- Dine at the eponymous restaurant of David Hawksworth — a top Vancouver chef at the Rosewood Hotel.
- January–February: The city hosts the International Performing Arts Festivals (PuSh).
- June: The Vancouver Dragon boat Festival and colourful ceremonies take place.
- October: The Writers Fest brings writers and poets to Granville Island.