Caribbean holiday heaven
The Caribbean is the world’s go-to destination for year-round sunshine, unspoiled scenery and spectacular all inclusive resorts. But that’s not all. Humble hospitality and a good reggae beat are never far away – nor is a splash of rum punch!
Lazy days have never sounded so good. Relax into the laid-back lifestyle of the tropics from the sanctuary of your own floating suite, or indulge the senses at a romantic spa experience for two. If you’re looking for something more adventurous, grab a snorkel and explore the colourful world under the waves in Grenada, or pull on your hiking boots and scale the rugged peaks of Jamaica. Whatever your pace, the Caribbean is your personal Eden.
With miles of sparkling white sand and clear blue waters, how could you not be enchanted by the Caribbean’s tranquil beaches? Whether you’re looking to lie back under an umbrella for some much-needed R&R, or splash around in the sea and make a few waves of your own, these beaches are delightful spots with fun for all the family.
● Consider Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels for your stay in the tropics. It’s one of the best resorts in Barbados for all inclusive luxury. The kids are catered for too, with their own pool and organised activities.
● A beach for every day of the year: Antigua’s 365 beaches are its biggest attraction. They really have it all! From family-friendly resorts spilling on the sand to secluded bays, both romantic holidays and time away for the entire gang are covered.
● If breathtaking scenery and vibrant, green-blue seas are on your wish list, Varadero Beach in Cuba is the destination of your dreams. Crowned the most beautiful beach in the world, it’ll ensure you never want to leave this Caribbean isle.
Food & drink
Prepare your taste buds for a culinary journey: in the Caribbean, you’re in for a real treat. From punchy jerk chicken to creamy coconut rice, discover the Caribbean’s best foodie delights.
● For the most outstanding rums in all of the Caribbean, you’ve got two incredible islands to choose from. Sip on samples at the Mount Gay Rum Factory in Barbados, or stop by the Appleton Estate in Jamaica for an unforgettable tasting tour.
● Want to try the best jerk chicken in the region? Head to Scotchie's in Ocho Rios, Jamaica for a full flavour of real Caribbean cooking. The laid-back vibes and local patrons make it all the more authentic.
● If you’ve got a sweet tooth, taking a Caribbean chocolate tour might just be what your dreams are made of. Staff at the Rabot Estate in St Lucia or the Belmont Estate in Grenada will show you the ropes as you learn all about the Trinitario cocoa bean.
Slip away from the all inclusive Caribbean resort and soak up the local culture your chosen isle has to offer. The Caribbean islands each boast their own unique heritage, remarkable architecture and friendly communities.
● If you’re heading to Mexico, then the world-famous Chichen Itza is a must-see. It’s one of the most impressive archaeological sites in Mexico – the former centre of the Mayan empire.
● If you’re a music fan, Jamaica has the musical heritage to get you jammin’. A visit to Bob Marley’s birthplace in Nine Mile or his former home in Kingston is one you’ll never forget.
● Dive into Antigua’s rich colonial heritage at the English Harbour and Nelson’s Dockyard. The kids will get a real-life history lesson as you explore this elegant district.
Looking for more than kicking back and relaxing on the sand? You’re in luck, because the islands aren’t short of big thrills. If you fancy yourself as an adventurer, there’s plenty of action on the Caribbean islands. Zip lining, kitesurfing, rainforest trekking – thrill-seekers can choose from a huge variety.
● Water lovers will be in paradise on the Caribbean isles. Head to the Turtle Farm on Isla Mujeres to see conservation at work, or go back in time with the Bianca C shipwreck – a top diving destination in Grenada.
● Nature lovers can get up close and personal to the Caribbean’s natural beauty with a hike in the Pitons in St Lucia or a visit to the Grand Etang Forest Reserve in Grenada.
● If climbing is your thing, you’ll find the perfect peak with incredible views in Jamaica. Climb Dunn’s River or YS Falls – two of the Caribbean’s best waterfalls. Just thank us later!
Events & festivals
The Caribbean knows how to throw a party, so keep an eye on the calendar for spectacular events. From carnivals to sporting glory, the Caribbean islands play the perfect host to all manner of festivities.
● Bold and beautiful in true Caribbean style, the colourful costumes and vibrant processions of the Caribbean Carnival – held throughout the year – will leave you enchanted.
● Music is alive and kicking in the Caribbean. Head to Tobago in April for the annual jazz festival or Barbados in May for Gospelfest. Foxy's Wooden Boat Regatta will give your British Virgin Islands holiday a taste of nautical life.
● Cricket fans, be sure to time your Caribbean trip perfectly. If you’re lucky enough to get your dates right, watch the Windies cricket team play at the historic Kensington Oval Stadium in Barbados or the Viv Richards Stadium in Antigua.
In the Caribbean, you’ll find food to knock your socks off, unforgettable sunsets and an incredible selection of events and activities to fill your holiday. Browse our Caribbean holiday offers and start planning your once-in-lifetime experience today.