Where to stay in the USA
Holidays in New York
New York needs no introduction. But if it did, we couldn’t go without mentioning good ol’ Lady Liberty, world-famous Broadway theatres and the breathtaking Central Park. Spend an idyllic city break amongst skyscrapers and unbeatable shopping - you'll feel like you've just stepped into your favourite movie! Discover everything the Big Apple has to offer on your holiday to New York.
Holidays in Las Vegas
From spectacular stage shows and death defying acts of magic, to waltzing fountains and vast casinos, Sin City is a dazzling playground for all. Find sensory overload and lavishness at every turn. Opulent hotels transport you to every corner of the world.
Holidays in Los Angeles
Known as the ‘city of 88 cities’, LA is a sprawling metropolis of A-list haunts, people watching and boutique shopping. With everything from adrenaline-fuelled theme parks and buzzy beaches to quaint café-lined streets, the city of Angels is a mecca for entertainment.
Holidays in Hawaii
From soaring volcanoes and spectacular sunsets to palm-fringed lagoons, Hawaii is a treasure trove of flora, fauna and fun. Big cities fringe lush rainforests and beach bars serve up Mai Tais and Hula. A week in these Pacific isles delivers a lifetime of bliss. Paradise awaits you on your Hawaii holiday.
Holidays in Boston
As well as quaint cobbled streets, historic brownstone houses and a colonial history, this waterfront city is also a place of skyscrapers, colourful markets and a distinct European vibe. No visit is complete without seeing the Red Sox in action.
Holidays in Washington DC
Home of the White House and an array of iconic memorials, Washington DC is a political and cultural powerhouse of the USA. Leafy Georgetown and Dupont Circle are hotspots for luxury boutiques and the city throngs with events and festivals all year round.
Holidays in San Francisco
With beautiful open spaces, a bridge that’s the envy of the world and charming harbour-side towns, The City by the Bay is a sight to behold. Union Square’s shopping, Alcatraz Island and a stunning Golden Gate Park make for an offbeat city that refuses to blend in.
Holidays in Seattle and Washington State
Eclectic, urban, outdoorsy, artsy, gritty, down-to-earth, or posh - its all here, from the quirky character of the Seattle Waterfront and the eccentric 'Republic of Fremont' to purple mountain majesties above the fruited plain in Washington State, there's something for just about everyone within these vibrant cities.
Holidays in The Deep South
Drenched in history, the people are gracious with Southern hospitality, a benchmark for the rest of the world. Antebellum mansions, Civil War battlefields, sun-drenched beaches and natural splendours are just some of the attractions, along with a thriving music scene that has launched some of the world's finest entertainers.
Holidays in Palm Springs
Nestled in the Coachella Valley, Hollywood film stars have been coming here since the 1920s. Revel in the high life with star-studded restaurants, pristine golf courses and glamorous spas or get a taste of adventure and ride the aerial tramway to the San Jacinto Peak.
Holidays in New England
With charming villages, spectacular summits and beautiful scenery, you can spend weeks hiking, biking or exploring New England by coach or car. Find sumptuous seafood, fantastic winter ski, and a ‘fall foliage’ where leaves turn the most glorious shades of gold.
Holidays in Lake Tahoe
As the largest alpine lake in North America, this expanse of blue that straddles the California and Nevada border is a sight to behold. On top of the wondrous nature; buzzy riverside towns, Nevada casinos and ski parks also attract the crowds.
Holidays in San Diego
With a trendy Gas Lamp Quarter and quaint gondola rides around the bay, San Diego, dubbed ‘America’s finest city’, offers a sophisticated European vibe, The zoo here has been voted the world’s best and there are cruises aplenty for spotting the Californian grey and blue whales.
Holidays in Chicago
Located on Lake Michigan’s 26 miles of beach, The ‘Windy City’ is where jazz and blues meets colourful culture and art. Enjoy thrilling panoramic views from The Skydeck Ledge or TILT, or explore fascinating city tours, crime trails and the bustling Navy Pier.
Holidays in Nevada
Nevada is made up of visionaries and explorers, and it welcomes those who want to live life to the fullest and not sit on the sidelines watching life happen.
Holidays in Bryce Canyon
Over millions of years, the area's colourful limestone rock has been eroded into a series of incredible shapes - slot canyons, windows, fins and the most amazing of all - spires - or hoodoos as they are better known.
Holidays in Utah
Lovely alpine forests and pretty, drastic deserts. Sweet little towns and Great Salty Lakes.
Holidays in Arizona
Wide open spaces and technicolour deserts that change from dusky pinks to vibrant red in moments against a piercing blue sky.
Holidays in Atlantic City
Founded in 1800s as a health resort, AC is now home to enough casinos, glitz and glamour to rival the likes of Sin City. From a beachside boardwalk, surfing and attraction-packed piers to diverse shopping and entertainment, you’ll never run out of things to do.
Holidays in Bermuda
Bermuda’s unique mix of British Charm and Island Soul, makes this a truly distinctive island getaway. This 21 square mile paradise is surrounded by crystal clear, turquoise water that offers up amazing experiences from stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking to cliff jumping and sailing.
Holidays on the Californian Coast
From dazzling piers and drives along the Pacific Coast Highway to surfing at Santa Cruz, the California Coast is America’s hippest riviera. Find boho fishing towns alongside glam neighbourhoods and rugged bays. It joins America’s coolest yet most scenic destinations.
Holidays in Colorado
Its high altitude, reliable snowfall and average 300 days of sunshine combine with the remarkable terrain to offer everything that skiers and snowboarders love. Colorado skiing conditions are known as some of the finest in the world, with facilities to match.
Holidays in Detroit
The largest city in Michigan promises a discovery of cool culture and arts. The Motown Historical Museum unveils the city’s musical legacy while the year-round festivals, restaurants of Greektown and sports teams make for a top urban escape.
Holidays in Mammoth Mountain
Home to an array of hotels and world-class skiing, Mammoth is one of California’s premium mountain resorts. In the summer months, the peaceful lakes, biking and hiking trails offer some fantastic ways to enjoy the great outdoors.
Holidays in Oregon
So varied is the scenery, Oregon has its own 7 wonders! Crater Lake, Mt. Hood and Columbia River Gorge are amongst this esteemed list.
Holidays in Napa Valley Wine Region
With charming resorts and some of the best urban chefs, there are endless reasons to visit California’s world-famous wine region. Wine buff or not, its glorious Mediterranean climate, acres of vineyards and general zest for life make for a wonderful sunshine escape.
Holidays in Yosemite
Beyond the great cities of LA and San Francisco, there's a wonderful world to be discovered, with a staggering variety of landscapes.
Holidays in Philadelphia
With the Battlefields, Independence Hall and Liberty Bell, America’s ‘birthplace’ offers an array of historic attractions. It’s big on food - and friendliness. So after a hike or bike around Fairmount Park, indulgent cheesesteaks and South Street’s lively bars beckon.
Holidays in South Carolina
From the War of Independence and the Civil War to the Civil Rights Movement, it has been at the heart of it all with historic festivals, military sites and museums galore.
Holidays in Texas
For a taste of the Wild West, Texas has it all. Tex-mex feasts, rodeos and a rugged wilderness collide in this staggeringly large state. From glitzy oil cities to small town charm and World Heritage Sites to great national parks, it’s amazingly diverse.
Holidays in Wild West
Wild West. A place where the greatest attractions are geological, from the eerily magnetic silhouette of Devils Tower, and the gigantic granite carvings of Mount Rushmore to Yellowstone, the very first National Park in the USA.
Holidays in Virginia
From wine trails and craft breweries to hiking the Appalachian Mountains, there are some fantastic things to see and do in Virginia. A visit to Monticello, home of the late Thomas Jefferson, and sampling Richmond’s Southern-style flavours are a must.
Holidays in Alaska
A whole host of Arctic antics are waiting for you. From multi-coloured northern lights and fast flowing rivers to vast swathes of lush green pine forest.
Holidays in Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Death Valley
Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon rival Yosemite for natural splendour while offering different aspects of Mother Nature at her most photogenic. You can’t miss the first skyscrapers – the Giant Sequoia (or Redwood) trees, some of which are more than 2,000 years old.
Hotels in the USA
A trip to the States is a big tick on the bucket list. From taking a road trip along the iconic Route 66 to catching the sights in NYC and taking in Florida's stunning Gold Coast, there are always new places to discover and experiences to be had.
Make treasured memories with the family at a thrill-fuelled theme park in Orlando. Relax on a honeymoon to Hawaii. Stay up all night in Vegas. Whenever you decide to go, whoever you decide to travel with, take holidays to the USA at your own pace.
From the bright lights of the big cities to the breezy boardwalks of the coast, there’s no shortage of rooms with a view with our holidays to America.
- Stay in Boston for low-key cosmopolitan vibes. Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel is a historic landmark that was once the police headquarters. It's been renovated without losing any of its old-time charm and the central location in Bay Village means you can enjoy great transport links to every corner of the city.
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower is ideally situated for exploring downtown Chicago. It’s just minutes away from Water Tower Place, where you can dine and shop to your heart’s content. Relax after a long day at Café des Architectes for some classic French cuisine prepared with delicious, locally sourced ingredients.
- Laid-back luxury in LA doesn’t get much more charming than the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles. This elegant period building is full of special touches, from the neoclassical interiors to a Roman-themed health club. Be sure to head to Smeraldi's Restaurant for the international breakfast buffet.
You’d be hard-pushed to visit every famous landmark in the USA in your lifetime – and we can guarantee that at least one of these breath-taking sights has made its way onto your must-see list.
- Get to know Sin City on the Las Vegas Strip. You can spend days and nights taking in the bright lights of the casinos and theatres and tasting the fine cuisines on offer. Stop by the Bellagio for a view of the world-famous fountains. Make sure you see some of Nevada's wonders away from the Strip too; just thirty minutes' drive away is the awe-inspiring sandstone landscape of Red Rock Canyon, or book a tour to see the gigantic Grand Canyon.
- If you’re headed to San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge is high on the priority list. Opt to walk the 1.5-mile stretch rather than drive for the best views. If you’re trying to pack a lot in, rent bikes and cycle across.
- No trip to NYC is complete without seeing the Statue of Liberty. If you don’t want to take the full tour, book the Circle Line Cruise instead that will get you up close to Lady Liberty for photo ops without having to disembark on the island.
- When in Washington DC, the White House is a must-do photo opportunity. Tour tickets are difficult to obtain for non-US nationals, but you can still get a good close-up from Pennsylvania Avenue.
Holidays to America aren’t all about shopping in NYC and shows in Vegas – there are plenty more quirky attractions and buzzing cities to see off the usual tourist trail.
- Brush up on your knowledge of the American Revolution and take the Freedom Trail along 16 of Boston's most important historic sights. There are plenty of tours on offer or you can walk and learn (and stop of for some great food) by taking it at your own pace.
- Seattle is famous for its skyscraping Space Needle. Head there on a clear day for the best views of the city skyline. To skip the queues, book a table in the top floor restaurant and go straight up.
- Chicago is abundant with culture and nowhere is that clearer than the Millennium Park. It's home to some of the world’s greatest contemporary art including Anish Kapoor’s Cloud Gate, a sleek sculpture inspired by liquid mercury. If you’re travelling in summer, check for free concerts, open-air films and yoga lessons in the park.
The USA is home to a range of world-class skiing destinations, whether you're a seasoned pro or heading to the slopes for the first time. Teach your family the sport or master the art of après-ski with friends at one of these destinations:
- The sprawling Lake Tahoe, nestled between California and Nevada, hosts the stunning ski resorts of Heavenly and Squaw Valley. Stay at the luxurious Harrahs for breath-taking views of the lake at sunset.
- If you’re planning to spend more time off the slopes, choose neighbouring Breckenridge. It has a lively town and picturesque hotels including Mountain Thunder Lodge.
- Way out west in California you’ll find Mammoth Mountain – ideally located if you’re fitting skiing in around a coastal trip. Crystal clear lakes and bright blue skies frame the slopes, with plenty of family-friendly runs on offer.
If your idea of the perfect break involves sun and sea air, holidays to the USA have plenty to offer with golden coastlines and white sand beaches.
- Hawaii is the quintessential tropical beach destination. Head to Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, open week-round except Tuesdays, for snorkelling – the fish swim close to the shore, so there's plenty to see.
- La Jolla Shores Park in San Diego, California is a picturesque natural beauty spot and ideal for hiking. Get there early for free parking and follow the Coastal Trail for views of the Pacific Coast. If you're lucky, you might spot some harbour seals.
- For pink sands and blue-green shores, spend the day at Horseshoe Bay in Southampton Parish, Bermuda. If it’s busy, follow the trails behind the beach that will lead you to quieter coves.
Whether it’s exploring dramatic coastlines, being entertained on the Strip or dining at high altitude in one of the lesser-explored cities, our package holidays to America have something to offer everyone. Plan your trip today and book at one of our USA hotels.