Hotels in Jamaica
Essential information for Jamaica
The best months to visit are from December to April but the island enjoys consistently hot temperatures year round. The popular tourist area along the north coast is much dryer than elsewhere, and sea breezes help to keep humidity down. The rainy season is from May to October, but the Blue Mountains get quite a bit throughout the year
Discover a unique music culture, slow pace of life and endless adventure. Here are some of the best Jamaica attractions.
- Swim in crystal clear water at Cornwall Beach, Montego Bay. Nearby Doctor’s Cave is close to the ‘Hip Strip’ cafes and bars.
- Seven Mile Beach is the signature beach in Negril, great for long walks, sunbathing and live entertainment.
- Enjoy the freshest seafood and great wine at Marguerites in Montego Bay. Dine on Caribbean fusion in the luxurious Sugar Mill restaurant at Half Moon resort.
- Let the kids enjoy the special VILPS (Very Important Little Person Service) at family-friendly Half Moon Villas.
- Stay at Round Hill, where President JFK and his wife spent their honeymoon.
Events and Festivals
- January to April: Carnival fever spreads across the island as Bacchanal kicks off.
- February 1-6: Enjoy a party atmosphere across Jamaica for Bob Marley’s birthday.
- Visit Clifton Mount, the island’s oldest coffee estate, where Blue Mountain Coffee is grown.
- Watch jaw-dropping cliff-divers and spectacular sunsets at Rick’s Café in Negril.
- Visit the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, or Nine Mile, the legendary star’s resting place.
Food & Drink
- Learn about the island’s most famous export at the Appleton Rum Estate.
- Head to Scotchies in Montego Bay – the masters of jerk chicken!
- Visit the waterfront Pier 1 in Montego Bay for curried goat and traditional Jamaican food.
- Climb the steep giant steps of Dunn’s River Falls or YS Falls, two of the island’s greatest waterfalls.
- Take a boat to Floyd’s Pelican Bar, in the middle of the Caribbean Sea.
- Float alongside native crocodiles in Black River see unique flora and fauna.