Dreams come true at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
There’s nothing on Earth quite like Walt Disney World Resort holidays. With six parks to visit and over 25 hotels, you can fully immerse yourself in the dream. Situated in the ever-sunny climes of Orlando, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida is the ideal destination for kids and adults at any time of year.
With six parks to choose from, there’s something for everyone – from thrill seekers to poolside loungers. Every day is a little different at Walt Disney World and you’re always the guest of honour.
When it comes to choosing between Walt Disney World Resort in Florida's multitude of affordable and luxury hotels, one thing’s for sure, you won’t have ever experienced a hotel like these.
- For a fully immersive experience, book yourself into Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's just like being in the jungle (if the jungle had room service): at this safari-themed lodge, you’re surrounded by animals. Book early and secure a room overlooking the Savannah.
- Live out your favourite Disney movie with Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. Themed areas bring the films to life, with rooms inspired by The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo and Cars. The main swimming pool is the perfect place to cool off, while the themed food court means even breakfast has a touch of Disney.
- If you’re looking for a hotel with an island vibe, check into Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. This tropical-style hotel has just a hint of Mickey. Relax on your balcony in one of the colonial-style rooms or enjoy the authentic bazaar for a truly Caribbean experience.
Think Walt Disney World Resort is only about the rides? Think again. You can spend days strolling the streets and browsing the shops that each park has to offer (so you can stock up on your fair share of Mickey-themed gifts).
- You’ll find souvenirs everywhere you look, but try The Emporium on Main Street. This picturesque stretch has Cinderella’s Castle at the end. Here, you’ll find everything from stuffed toys to Mickey ears and personalised treats.
- Shop all around the world without ever leaving the park at Epcot's World Showcase. Featuring 11 pavilions each dedicated to a different country, you can be in Italy one minute and China the next. Be sure to check out Plaza de los Amigos, you’ll be blown away by the attention to detail at the Mexican market.
- Disney Springs is a great way to spend a day without even going into the parks. Here, you’ll find high street brands as well as the largest Disney Store on the planet – World of Disney.
- Just in case Walt Disney World Resort in Florida wasn’t magical enough, they have a shop where it’s Christmas all year round. Disney’s Days of Christmas is a grotto of festive fun with all your favourite characters – tick off your present list and don’t miss your photo op with Goofy at the exit.
Eating and drinking
Once you’ve wandered around the boulevards, tried out the rides and maybe taken in a show, you’re going to be ready to get stuck into a Disney-style buffet or sit-down dining experience. The resort has no shortage of cuisines from all over the world, and each restaurant has its own personality.
- If you’re celebrating something at Walt Disney World Resort, Florida, there are lots of fine dining options to choose from. Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge has a varied menu inspired by the Pacific Northwest and the Flying Fish is situated near Epcot so you can take in the sights after dinner.
- For an immersive dining experience, head to Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom park. This magical restaurant is a replica of the Beast’s castle with different rooms to take a look at and eat in – watch out, you might just spot the beast himself...
- If you like music with your food, try Bongo’s Cuban Café at Disney Springs. This eating spot serves up lively Cuban rhythms alongside delicious local dishes – the guava ribs are a must try for fans of the Caribbean.
Adventure at Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Holidays to Walt Disney World Resort feature no shortage of thrills. The park has a slew of rides for all the family.
- For a heart-pumping thrill and a great view of the castle, head to Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom Park. Use one of your allocated Disney FastPass+ reservations to jump the queue and get wet faster.
- If you liked Thunder Mountain in Magic Kingdom Park, you’ll love Expedition Everest in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. It’s the roller coaster’s faster, bigger (and scarier) older brother.
- Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios gives Star Wars fans the chance to mix with the heroes of the new film. This simulator ride is family friendly and situated indoors, providing some time out of the midday sun. Younger visitors can hone their lightsaber skills at the Jedi Academy – and may even come face-to-face with a real-life villain to use them on.
- Ramp up the scare factor at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, also at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This is a slightly terrifying, very nostalgic ride that adults will get a thrill out of. The experience changes each time so adrenaline junkies might want to go again and again (and again).
Theatre and performances
At Walt Disney World Resort Florida, the parks offer a range of experiences to make your dreams come true, whether it’s meeting Mickey Mouse or wilder animals in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. If that’s not enough, the parks host enough shows and performances to rival the West End.
- You can catch a firework show with your favourite characters every night at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT.
- Theatre lovers will be spoiled for choice with shows at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Get a front row seat at La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil if you’re feeling daring.
- If you’re a fan of the films, you’ll love the Festival of the Lion King show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, as well as Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Tree of Life Awakenings is a mesmerizing light show in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Flickering fireflies stir the animals carved into the tree to life and the trunk and branches are lit up in a rainbow of colours.
Holidays to Walt Disney World have it all wrapped up with a sprinkling of Disney magic. You can do everything from conquer Splash Mountain to have a meet and greet with Goofy, or simply switch off and relax. Get booked into one of our Walt Disney World Resort in Florida hotels today and book your tickets with Virgin Holidays.