Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort™
Essential Information for Universal Orlando Resort™
- Daily flights to Orlando from across the UK
Do I need a Visa?
Yes. You'll need to obtain approval no less than 72 hours prior to travel to the US via the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) scheme.
Stay at any Universal Orlando Resort™ hotel and you'll have access to our lounge at Universal's Aventura Hotel, exclusive to Virgin Holidays customers.
Next-level Adventure: Highlights of Universal Orlando Resort™
Hold on tight, you’re in for quite a ride... Visiting Universal Orlando Resort™ is a full-throttle, blow-your-mind, never-to-be-forgotten holiday like no other. There are three incredible theme parks: jump into the movies at Universal Studios Florida™, meet dinosaurs and superheroes at Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and hit the waves at Universal’s Volcano Bay™ water theme park.
Make the most of your holiday by staying in the thick of the action. From budget-friendly to pure indulgence, there’s a hotel for everyone, all offering guests exclusive benefits. Some, such as the the tropical Loews Royal Pacific Resort, the elegant and refined Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, and the laid back and cool Hard Rock Hotel® even include a FREE^ Universal Express Unlimited™ pass, so you can skip the regular queues at Universal Studios™ and Islands of Adventure. (Requires theme park admission).
- Experience the magic of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Diagon Alley™ and Hogsmeade™ linked by the Hogwarts™ Express steam train. (additional restrictions apply). At Islands of Adventure, don't miss Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™ a ground-breaking ride which brings you through the familiar corridors of Hogwarts™ castle before you take flight and zoom out onto the Quidditch™ pitch. Or follow in Harry Potter's footsteps through the streets of Diagon Alley™ at Universal Studios™ and travel deep below Gringotts™ bank for a multi-dimensional thrill ride.
- Immerse yourself in the next generation of blockbuster entertainment at Universal Studios™.
- Meet Spider-Man, Captain America and other Super Heroes at Marvel Superhero Island® in Universal's Islands of Adventure™. For the island’s highest-octane thrills, strap into the Incredible Hulk Coaster® – it had a high-tech revamp in 2016, and now spins, dips and flips like it’s being tossed by the big green guy himself.
- Combine thrills and relaxation at Universal's Volcano Bay™ and add a splash of liquid awesome to your holiday.
- Have your wand pick you at Ollivanders™ wand shop. No regular shop, aspiring wizards have the chance to experience a proper wizarding world rite of passage here: the interactive wands choose their owners.
- Sit in a car that turns into a robot – on TRANSFORMERS: The Ride 3-D, you get to join Optimus Prime to help save the planet.
- Stop by Krusty Burger for a delicious burger, order a Duff beer at Moe’s Tavern, and treat yourself to mouth-wateringly scrumptious donuts at Lard Lad Donuts ... all at Springfield, U.S.A. The recreation of The Simpsons™ hometown at Universal Studios Florida™ is realistic and the perfect place for photo ops. (Must be 21+ to consume alcoholic beverages with valid photo ID).
- Order a mug of Butterbeer™ at Three Broomsticks™ in Hogsmeade™, a wizarding village near Hogwarts™ castle. Also tuck into Cauldron Cakes, Fizzing Whizzbees and Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans™.
- Dine on pizza and pasta just like mama used to make at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. This chic retreat looks more like a charming Italian seaside village than a hotel – order a cappuccino on the pretty piazza and stop by the gelateria for a scoop or three.
- Eat a variety of cuisines at Universal CityWalk™, the always-buzzing nightlife and dining district: try a 'Burgushi'® – a unique burger-sushi fusion – at Cowfish®; tuck into Forrest Gump-inspired seafood at The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co™; or go for a winning wiener at the Hot Dog Hall of Fame®. No appetite is left unsatisfied.
- Indulge at at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen™. This steampunk-style diner is like a dessert laboratory, inventing a sweet smorgasbord of sumptuous sundaes, candy-coated straws, sticky brownies, marvellous milkshakes and chocolate cocktails.
- Be scared witless at Halloween Horror Nights™. Universal Studios™ goes ghoulish on certain spook-tastic evenings from mid-September to early November: masses of monsters and creepy creatures lurk on the rides, haunt the streets and seem determined to steal the show. Devilishly good!
- Expect the unexpected from the Blue Man Group. These painted performers do a show every day at their theatre in Universal CityWalk™, wowing with a unique mix of music, comedy, creativity and craziness. Be warned: if you sit at the front in the ‘poncho section’ you might get splashed...
- Embrace your inner child and book your Universal holiday at Christmas – which starts in mid-November and lasts into early January. When the sun goes down, see The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts™ Castle light projection show, watch Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s at Universal Studios™ and see the streets festooned with decorations and fairy lights. On select nights, don't miss Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration™, a stunning light and water show which celebrates Universal movies from past and present.
- Get ready for Florida’s biggest shindig: Universal’s Mardi Gras. For select nights in spring, New Orleans comes to Orlando – expect flamboyant fancy dress, raucous performers, live music, fried shrimp and gumbo.
- Catch a gig at Hard Rock Live®. Orlando’s ‘Coliseum of Rock’ at Universal CityWalk™ hosts some of the hottest acts around, in the coolest venue. To feel like an A-lister yourself, check-in at the hip Hard Rock Hotel®.
Customers who like Universal Orlando Resort also like...
HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s19)
^Requires theme park admission. Valid at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Not valid at Universal’s Volcano Bay or at Pteranodon Flyers™ at Islands of Adventure. Excludes separately ticketed events. Benefit valid only for guests of Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel® and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, for the number of guests staying in the room for the length of hotel stay. Available during normal theme park operating hours only. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice. © 2019 MARVEL. The Simpsons TM & © 2019 Fox. Jurassic Park TM Universal Studios/Amblin. TRANSFORMERS and its logo and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2019 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. © 2019 BMP. The Cowfish and all related logos TM The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, LLC. All rights reserved. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. TM & © 2019 Par. Pic. Hot Dog Hall of Fame is a registered trademark of Creative Attractions, LLC. Hard Rock Live ® Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc. © 2019 UCF Hotel Venture V. UNIVERSAL TM & © Universal Studios. ENDLESS SUMMER registered trademarks, Bruce Brown Films, LLC. All rights reserved. Aventura Hotel TM & © 2019 UCF Hotel Venture IV. All rights reserved. Cabana Bay Beach Resort TM & © 2019 UCF Hotel Venture II. All rights reserved. Sapphire Falls Resort TM & © 2019 UCF Hotel Venture III. All Rights Reserved. Portofino Bay Hotel and Royal Pacific Resort TM & © 2019 UCF Hotel Venture. All rights reserved. Hard Rock Hotel ® Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.