Next-level Adventure: Highlights of Universal Orlando Resort™
Hold on tight, you’re in for quite a ride... Visiting Universal Orlando Resort™ is a full-throttle, blow-your-mind, never-to-be-forgotten holiday like no other. There are three incredible theme parks: jump into the movies at Universal Studios Florida™, meet dinosaurs and superheroes at Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and hit the waves and aqua-coasters of the all-new Universal’s Volcano Bay™ water-park.
Make the most of your holiday by staying in the thick of the action. From budget-friendly to pure indulgence, there’s a hotel for everyone, all offering guests exclusive on-site benefits. Some, such as the elegant and refined Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, and the laid back, but never less than cool Hard Rock Hotel® even include a FREE* Universal Express Unlimited™ pass, so you can skip the queues at Universal Studios™ and Islands of Adventure.
Amazing attractions at Universal Orlando Resort™
- Experience the magic of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Diagon Alley™ and Hogsmeade™ linked by the Hogwarts™ Express steam train. Don’t miss Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™ a ground-breaking ride which whizzes you right through Hogwarts™ Castle and out onto the Quidditch™ pitch. Or follow in Harry Potter's footsteps through the streets of Diagon Alley™ and travel deep below Gringotts™ bank for a multi-dimensional thrill ride.
- Feel like a movie-star at Universal Studios Florida™. This is a real working film and TV studio, where you can explore the backlot and stand on the sets of your favourite shows.
- Meet Spider-Man, Captain America and co at Marvel Superhero Island® in Universal's Islands of Adventure™. For the island’s highest-octane thrills, strap into the Incredible Hulk Coaster® – it had a high-tech revamp in 2016, and now spins, dips and flips like it’s being tossed by the big green guy himself.
- Combine thrills and relaxation at Universal's Volcano Bay™ – the new water-park opened in May 2017 and adds a splash of liquid awesome. For the ultimate water-baby holiday, stay at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, home to Universal Orlando Resort™’s biggest pool.
Unique Experiences at Universal Orlando Resort™
- Eat bacon and pancakes with SpongeBob Squarepants! When staying at the Universal Orlando Resort™ you never know when a character might pop up. Don’t miss the Sunday breakfast at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, where you might meet a Minion by the buffet.
- Have your wand pick you at Ollivander’s Wand Shop. No regular gift shop, would-be wizards get a proper Harry Potter™ initiation here: the interactive wands select their owners.
- Sit in a car that turns into a robot – the Transformers: The Ride 3D is better than being in the movies, as you get to join Optimus Prime to help save the planet.
- Order a Duff beer at Moe’s Tavern in Springfield. The recreation of the Simpsons’ hometown at Universal Studios Florida™ is eerily realistic – right down to Officer Wiggum’s patrol car crashed outside Lard Lad’s Donuts.
Great Eats & Treats
- Order a mug of Butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks™ in Hogsmeade™, the village below Hogwarts™ Castle. Also tuck into Cauldron Cakes, Fizzing Whizzbees and Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.
- Dine on pizza and pasta just like mama used to make at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. This chic retreat looks more like a charming Italian seaside village than a hotel – order a cappuccino on the pretty piazza and stop by the gelateria for a scoop or three.
- Eat your way around the world at Universal CityWalk™, the always-buzzing nightlife and dining district: try a ‘Burgushi’ – a unique burger-sushi fusion – at Cowfish; tuck into Forrest Gump-inspired seafood at The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co; or go for a winning wiener at the Hotdog Hall of Fame. No appetite is left unsatisfied.
- Enjoy celeb-cooked cuisine at Emeril’s Tchoup Chop. This restaurant at the tropical getaway of Loews Royal Pacific Resort is headed by celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse, who puts his own unique slant on Asian cuisine.
- Indulge at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Tasty Feast Kitchen™. This steampunk-style diner is like a dessert laboratory, inventing a sweet smorgasbord of sumptuous sundaes, candy-coated straws, sticky brownies, marvellous milkshakes and chocolate cocktails.
Awesome Events & Shows
- Be scared witless at Halloween Horror Nights™. Universal Studios™ goes ghoulish on certain spook-tastic evenings from mid-September to early November: masses of monsters and creepy creatures lurk on the rides, haunt the streets and seem determined to steal the show. Devilishly good!
- Expect the unexpected from the Blue Man Group. These painted performers do a show every day at their theatre in Universal CityWalk™, wowing with a unique mix of music, comedy, creativity and craziness. Be warned: if you sit at the front in the ‘poncho section’ you might get splashed...
- Embrace your inner child and book your Universal holiday at Christmas – which starts in mid-November and lasts into January. See Hogwarts™ Castle under a dusting of snow, watch the magical Holiday Parade and see the streets festooned with decorations and fairy lights. For a retro Christmas vibe, stay at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort (with its two massive pools, lazy river and bowling alley it’s groovy all-year-round).
- Get ready for Florida’s biggest shindig: Universal’s Mardi Gras. For select nights in spring, New Orleans comes to Orlando – expect flamboyant fancy dress, raucous performers, live music, fried shrimp and gumbo.
- Catch a gig at Hard Rock Live®. Orlando’s ‘Coliseum of Rock’ hosts some of the hottest acts around, in the coolest venue. To feel like an A-lister yourself, check-in at the hip Hard Rock Hotel®.
With amazing theme parks and endless attractions, holidays at Universal Orlando Resort™ are sure to thrill and delight. Browse the Universal Orlando Resort™ hotels today.