Where to stay in Mexico
Holidays in Cancun
Cancun lives up to its ‘party capital’ name with a vibrant nightlife and all the holiday attractions you will ever need. Everything comes with a five-star quality, from your designer shopping experience and gourmet evening meal to the Margarita you sip at sunset. Simply relax and soak up the sun with our all-inclusive Cancun holidays then fiesta the night away.
Holidays in Riviera Maya
A glorious stretch of coastline, the Riviera Maya is home to some of the best beaches – and best diving - in Mexico. From the stalagmites and stalactites of the limestone cenotes, to the perfect beaches and low-lying jungle - this region is a sight to behold.
Holidays in Riviera Cancun
It’s easy to see why this is Mexico’s most popular spot. It’s near to the bustling nightlife in Cancun, yet has powder-soft beaches right on its doorstep. Stay here, and you are also within easy reach of the Mayan ruins, offering an authentic taste of Mexico.
Holidays in Playacar
This exclusive corner of the Yucatan Peninsula has its own stretch of stunning beach and offers a golf club, spa and fitness facilities, plus plenty of ways to relax and unwind. It’s close to the shops of Playa Del Carmen and offers superb dining and entertainment.
Holidays in Playa Mujeres
Nestled on an untouched peninsula between a wetland preserve and the Caribbean Sea, Playa Mujeres is where your refined holiday retreat meets glorious natural wonders. Hugged by the lush Yucatan rainforest, sinking your toes into these ivory white sands is the definition of bliss.
Holidays in Tulum
Beautiful white sand beaches and well-preserved ancient ruins make for a truly relaxing Tulum holiday. Enjoy stunning beaches and scenery, and delve into a rich history and culture, with an all inclusive Tulum holiday package.
Hotels in Mexico
Weddings in Mexico
Moon Palace Cancun Weddings
This family-friendly resort offers unlimited luxury in a stunning Cancun location. You can choose from a great collection of wedding packages, including the FREE Wedding! But why stop there? Opt for one of the fantasitc upgraded packages and luxuriate in even more special touches and elaborate decorations.
To book, please call our dedicated Weddings Team on: 0344 739 0748
Now Sapphire Weddings
Now Sapphire has six wedding locations to choose from - some can accommodate up to 250 guests for ceremony and reception. You can choose from the Beach, Beach Terrace, Tequila Terrace, Gazebo, Mexican Patio or Ballroom.
To book, please call our dedicated Weddings Team on: 0344 739 0748
Essential information for Mexico
- Fly direct on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday.
- Indirect Virgin Atlantic flights are available from London Heathrow.
Do I need a visa?
No, UK passport holders don't need a visa for Mexico. You'll just need to complete a tourist card on your flight to Cancun.
However, if you are travelling via the USA, then you will need to apply for an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) no less than 72 hours prior to travelling.
The bus system runs along the hotel zone in Cancun. As with all Mexican bus trips, you may encounter locals leaping aboard to entertain you with a song, so have a few pesos ready. Otherwise, ask your hotel concierge to book you a taxi.
Highlights of Mexico: where the fiesta never stops
Mexico has everything you could want from a holiday destination: sun-soaked beaches, fun fiestas and ancient history in the form of mythical Mayan sites. Whether you’re in the mood to get out and explore or you want to kick back and relax, there’s something for every type of getaway on a holiday in Mexico.
Planning on taking a holiday to Mexico? Read on for a list of food, culture and adventure must-sees.
You’re spoilt for choice when it comes to Mexico’s beaches. Choose from secluded or lively, central or tucked away. What’s more, many are lined with authentic bars and restaurants – perfect for escaping the sun and enjoying a refreshing drink. Here are some highlights when looking for beaches to visit in Mexico:
- Playa Del Carmen: This beach spans two miles of fine golden sand. It’s also split into two sections – the north is the most bustling, while the south is much quieter and more suited to relaxation. Don’t miss Wah Wah while you’re there – it’s one of the area’s oldest, and most loved, beach bars.
- Maroma Beach: Choose to stay at the exclusive, all-inclusive Secrets Hotel in Riviera Cancun, and you’ll get to explore Maroma Beach. It’s quiet, peaceful and serene. You’ll feel like you’re miles away from everyday life.
- Playa Los Muertos: The name of this Riviera Nayarit beach may translate to ‘beach of the dead’, but don't be dissuaded, this is a great place to relax in a peaceful atmosphere and go swimming. The nearby town of Sayulita is loved by both tourists and locals for its vendors, water sports and seemingly endless string of restaurants and bars.
Your all-inclusive Mexico holiday is your time to spoil yourself. No matter what relaxes you – whether it’s a spa treatment or a meal at a decadent restaurant – there’s plenty to leave you feeling indulged, treated and pampered. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Moon Palace Resort: Need something that’s both luxurious and child-friendly on your family holiday to Mexico? Check out the Moon Palace Resort. A kids’ ‘minibar’ and Xboxes will delight the little ones for hours, leaving you free to enjoy a treatment at the spa or a bit of shopping.
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita: Head to this opulent hotel to enjoy a ‘Temazcal’. It’s a traditional Mexican steam bath designed to cleanse your body and help boost circulation.
Once you’ve relaxed on the beaches, it’s time to enjoy Mexico’s adventurous side. Discover something new and go exploring with any one of these fun activities:
- Cozumel: Cozumel is a good place to go diving. Whether you’re a seasoned diver or you’re trying it out for the first time, there are excursions for every age and ability. You’ll discover the Mesoamerican Reef – a protected marine area and the second largest reef in the world, after the Great Barrier Reef.
- Isla Mujeres: Get up close and personal with rare breeds of turtle at a turtle farm in this nature-lover’s paradise. Or visit Isla Holbox to swim with whale sharks – don’t worry, it’s perfectly safe. Go on, we dare you.
- Xcaret Eco Park: Kids will love discovering Mexican culture and the Mayan jungle in this seaside park with more than 50 attractions to explore. Go in the afternoon and stay on for the colourful night show.
- Xel-ha: This aquatic park is the perfect location to practise snorkelling and see all sorts of exotic fish, or simply float down the river in a rubber ring. Intrepid mini travellers can take on the jungle trails, zip lines and floating bridge.
All that adventuring means you’re bound to have worked up an appetite. The local cuisine is celebrated the world over, and with good reason – Mexican street food is delicious. Check out one of these recommendations for a taste of the country’s favourite flavours:
- Pujol: Pujol can be found in Mexico City, and is ranked among the 50 best restaurants in the world. Chef Enrique Olvera puts his own unique twist on well-known and well-loved local classics.
- Mezcalerias: Whilst on holiday in Mexico, make sure you try Mezcal. This drink, which is similar to tequila, is handcrafted in Oaxacan villages from the nectar of spiky green agave plants. All across Mexico you’ll find this drink served in specialist bars called mezcalerias.
Let yourself be carried away in all the fun of the fiesta on your next all-inclusive Mexico holiday. The rich and diverse culture provides plenty of opportunities to get involved. Here are some of great ways to experience a glimpse of authentic Mexican way of life on your getaway:
- Chichen Itza: Inside this archaeological site sits the fascinating Temple of Kukulkan (also known as El Castillo, meaning ‘The Castle’). It’s an iconic pyramid, and one of the most recognisable of the Mayan ruins.
- Tulum: Another of Mexico’s beautiful Mayan sites, Tulum is also one of the most accessible – it’s just a couple of hours from Cancun. You’ll find the ruins dotted across 39-foot-tall cliff-tops, overlooking the ocean.
- Joyà: This Cirque de Soleil show takes place in Playa del Carmen. Enjoy an evening of spectacle as acrobats perform gravity-defying tricks.