Hotels in Barbados
Essential information for Barbados
British passport holders don’t need a visa to visit Barbados.
Why not hire a car for a few days to explore the island? They drive on the left in Barbados like we do in here in the UK.
Barbados offers an exciting mix of luxury beach resorts, rustic beach bars and a sun-soaked coastline. Here are some of the best Barbados attractions:
- Enjoy water sports on palm-fringed Dover Beach, by lively St Lawrence Gap.
- Unwind by the crystal-clear waters of the prestigious Sandy Lane.
- Explore the rugged East Coast from Bathsheba, a surfer’s paradise.
- Book an indulgent spa treatment at The Club spa resort on the West Coast.
- Stay at The Almond Beach Resort where all-inclusive luxury meets child-friendly facilities.
Food & Drink
- Sample Bajan rum and learn about the island’s sugar cane history at the Mount Gay Rum Factory.
- Indulge in afternoon tea, a British tradition that’s fully embraced in Barbados, at The Sandy Lane Hotel – one of Simon Cowell’s favourites.
- Barbados is tiny, so hire a car and drive around it in a day, stopping at the caves of St Lucy in the north.
- Take a thrilling island jeep safari through forests and fields of sugarcane.
- Take a walking tour of Bridgetown’s monuments and see the Garrison Savannah military base.
- Visit Oistins Fish Fry, an open-air party, for BBQ fish, calypso music and Bajan cuisine.
- Learn about the history of the Trinitario cocoa bean at the Agapey Chocolate Factory.
Events & Festivals