Discover Las Vegas Holidays 2017
Las Vegas might be the only place on earth where the neon lights shine brighter at night than the blazing desert sun during the day. With world-class stage shows, relaxing spas and otherworldly desert landscapes, it's no wonder the City of Lights is a favourite for thrill seekers and chill seekers alike.
Luxurious Las Vegas hotel packages
Hotels in Las Vegas include breathtaking views, all-night casinos and relaxing pool zones, meaning you could almost spend your entire trip without needing to set foot outside.
- The renowned Luxor Las Vegas is located at the southern end of the famous Strip, with its celebrated theatres and nightclubs. Named after an ancient Egyptian City, the iconic hotel is built in the shape of a pyramid with the Luxor Sky Beam radiating from its peak. With a range of shows and a huge casino, there’s plenty to keep you busy, but the Strip's never far away with a regular free shuttle service.
- Sure, you’ve chosen to visit the US, but why stop there? Proving that extravagance is what Vegas does best, the Paris Hotel is a replica of the heart and soul of France right in the Nevada desert. Take a stroll down authentically styled Parisian streets in the comfort of your own hotel (and be sure to sample the crêpes). Magnifique...
- And if that's not enough, why stop in France? The Venetian is a slice of Italy in the buzzing heart of the Strip. Here, the eye for detail is incredible, from the replica of the Campanile Di San Marco to the street performances in St Mark’s Square. Why not treat yourself to a gondola ride along the hotel's winding canals?
Shop 'til you drop
Looking to indulge in a spot of retail therapy? Vegas has everything from themed shopping malls to quirky boutiques to get you your shopping fix.
- No trip to Las Vegas is complete without seeing the Fashion Show Mall. The largest shopping destination on the Strip features over 250 stores as well as weekly catwalk shows showcasing the latest trends on the world's only 80-foot retractable runway and stage that rises up out of the floor.
- The Forum Shops at Caesars is as much about the experience as the shopping – this opulent mall is designed in a Roman style, with gilded ceilings and marble statues. Shoppers can browse premium brands including Christian Louboutin and Dior.
- The best deals in Las Vegas can be found at the Las Vegas North Premium Outlet Mall, home to 175 mid to high-end stores with lots of special offers. Top tip – it's mainly outside, so best to skip the midday sun and go in the morning or afternoon.
Eating and Drinking
Vegas is a foodie's paradise, with almost any cuisine on your doorstep, whether it's exquisite fusion food at a fine dining restaurant, or fresh All-American street fare from a market. Here are just a few of the top picks:
- For pizza, Five50 will be your go-to. Made by award-winning chef, James Beard, these generously portioned pizzas are a mixture of traditional Neapolitan style and NYC flavours. Why not go for lunch and split one half and half? For something a bit different, try typically Sicilian arancini (fried riceballs) or an Iberian-style chorizo rioja.
- AAA Five Diamond-rated Le Cirque is a quiet oasis in the chaos of the Strip and is a must for French haute cuisine. The five-course tasting menu is an indulgent (and mouthwatering) choice for a special occasion.
- The Egg and I breakfast joint is a short taxi ride away from the strip, but it’s worth it for the homemade stuffed French toast and eggs benedict.
Take in a show
Las Vegas has an illustrious history of showcasing some of the world’s most famous performers – including Elvis and Frank Sinatra – on the biggest stage there is. There's no shortage of shows to experience in 'Sin City'. From musical theatre to acrobatics and illusions, taking in a show on your Las Vegas trip is not to be missed.
- The Bellagio Fountains Light Show is completely free and completely breathtaking. It’s on multiple times a day, so it's easy to slot into a busy schedule.
- Fans of Cirque du Soleil should grab a front row seat for ‘O’. Stunning costumes, aquatic acrobatics – what’s not to love?
- The Colosseum at Caesars Palace has brought the architecture of Ancient Rome to Las Vegas, as well as a host of incredible performers from Mariah Carey to Leonard Cohen. Get a great view of your favourite star at this Las Vegas institution (there’s not a bad seat in the house).
- For an outdoor show, check out the Las Vegas Pride parade in October, running from the Arts District to Fremont Street.
Vegas breaks for thrill seekers
If you can tear yourself away from the shows and shopping, adrenaline junkies will find plenty of thrills without even leaving the city.
- Leap off the 108th floor of the Stratosphere Tower – the highest of its kind in the world at 829 feet – in a bungee-style jump (or just drink in the best panoramic views of the city from the viewing deck).
- If you want to try skydiving, indoor diving options are a great way to test the waters. A huge fan at the Convention Center simulates the free-fall feeling of jumping out of a plane at wind speeds of up to 120mph.
Off the beaten track
Of course, Vegas isn't all about being on the go all the time. Take a more relaxed route of the city beyond the Strip and you’ll be surprised how much it moves at your own pace.
- When you want to get out of the desert sun, head to one of the museums. The Mob Museum is an in-depth history of organised crime in the city; give yourself three to four hours to see everything.
- Take a day trip to the Grand Canyon when you feel the need to be back with nature. If you don’t have long, the South Kaibab Trail to Cedar Ridge is a short three-mile trek to Skeleton Point, overlooking the canyon itself. Or to see the canyon from the air (and rest weary legs), try a helicopter tour for panoramic views.
- The Hoover Dam is just an hour from the city by taxi and offers extraordinary views across the Black Canyon. Head there before lunch to beat the queues.
Whether it’s your first trip, or you’re coming back for seconds (or thirds, or fourths...), our Las Vegas deals will help you get to know the city that never sleeps a little better. Get booked in at one of our Las Vegas hotels today.