Hotels in Washington DC
Essential information for Washington DC
Yes. You'll need to obtain approval no less than 72 hours prior to travel to the US via the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) scheme.
Washington DC is smaller than almost any major capital city you can think of, making it easily navigable on foot, by bike or via its easy Metro system.
Washington DC spoils every type of visitor for interesting things to do on their holiday. Here are the city’s best attractions.
Entertainment & Sightseeing
- Take a Segway, Duck tour or night bicycle tour around Washington’s key monuments. Or put on some comfy shoes and see the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Capitol Hill and impressive war memorials in between.
- Take the family to the National Zoo to explore the kid’s farm, Lemur Island and keeper talks.
- Choose from 19 Smithsonian museums across The National Mall. Then become a real-life news reporter at the ‘Newseum’ or play detective at the International Spy Museum.
- Explore the legendary music venues of Adams Morgan and the Penn Quarter.
Adventure & Wildlife
- Enjoy a picnic, explore nature trails and see the city’s oldest house in Rock Creek Park.
- Try kayaking or SUP along The Georgetown waterfront or cycle along the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal. If you’re feeling brave, go whitewater rafting on the Shenandoah River.
- Enjoy a cocktail at The St Regis Hotel and dine on Mediterranean cuisine at Decanter.
- Pamper yourself with an in-room spa treatment at George, A Kimpton Hotel.
Food and Drink
- Go on a food tour of leafy Georgetown or a walking tour of the city’s best craft beer.
- Enjoy a cosmopolitan food scene with everything from Mexican to Louisiana cuisine - Chinatown and Little Ethiopia are also worth a visit.
Events & Festivals
- March: Enjoy cultural events, fireworks and kites at the annual Cherry Blossom Festival
- July: Celebrate Independence Day and see spectacular fireworks on the National Mall.