Destinations in San Francisco
Hotels in San Francisco
Essential information for San Francisco
San Francisco is one of the few places in the world where people can ride on a national historic landmark. The cable cars are the world’s last permanently operational manually operated cable car system, and are the most convenient way to get around. Be sure to stop off and visit the Cable Car Museum for a look at the powerhouse behind the machines.
San Francisco, aka The City By The Bay is one of the top must-see cities in the world. Here are its best attractions.
Culture & Sightseeing
- Hop on a tram or sightseeing bus and see the city’s best landmarks. Cycle over the Golden Gate Bridge to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area or take a scenic drive to the Muir Woods National Monument.
- Take a cruise around the bay and or take a boat from Fisherman’s Wharf to the famous Alcatraz Island prison.
- Explore the origins of Mickey Mouse and the world’s greatest filmmaker at The Walt Disney Family Museum
- Stay at The Fairmont Hotel in Nob Hill home to three fabulous restaurants and the best Mai Tai in San Francisco!
- The super sleek W Hotel offers a handy Whatever/Whenever® Concierge service for seeking out the city’s best hidden gems.
- Shop at Macy’s, Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus, around Union Square.
Food and Drink
- San Francisco is the gateway to California wine country. Take a trip to the Napa Valley to the region’s best vineyards.
- Head over the bay to Sausalito for sumptuous seafood from the likes of Scoma’s and Seafood Peddler restaurant and fish market.
- Explore the cool coffee shops and bistros of hip Haight-Ashbury.
Festivals and Events
- April: Japantown is filled with colour for the Cherry Blossom Festival.
- April: The San Francisco International Film Festival is the oldest of its kind in America.
- June: The world-famous Gay Pride Parade has been held in Castro since the 70s.