Planning a dream family holiday to Walt Disney World Resort can seem a little daunting. What was once ‘just’ the amazing Magic Kingdom Park, is now four entertainment-filled theme parks, plus two water parks, covering a total area the size of San Francisco. And that’s before you add in Disney Springs — packed with shopping, restaurants and attractions in its own right.
Don’t leave the holiday of a lifetime to chance. Our very own Disney expert, Paris Stanley, reveals that with a little planning now, you’ll enjoy the Disney magic even more.
Get a call from Mickey
Book your Disney holiday in Orlando with us and you’ll have the option to book a call from none other than Mickey Mouse himself!
Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort
Yes, you can absolutely stay outside of Walt Disney World Resort and have an incredible holiday in the parks. Just say the word and we can make it happen. However, here are three reasons why staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel makes sense:
- You’re closer to the magic. And not just closer to the parks, either. We’re talking ‘step out of your room and join your favourite Disney characters for breakfast’, and ‘step out onto your balcony and see giraffes and zebras feeding in the wild’ closer, too(1) . It means you and your family don’t have to leave the magic when you leave the parks.
- You get loads of other benefits, too — complimentary transport and parking, complimentary MagicBands (your key to unlock Walt Disney World’s delights), 14 day park tickets for the price of 7, plus Extra Magic Hours at one park each day and early access to Disney FastPass+ (so you can book some rides and attractions 60 days before you arrive).
- Your family can enjoy a Disney Dining Plan, that means all your meals are taken care of once you arrive. It’s a flexible, easy and great-value way to ensure everyone has delicious meals, snacks and drinks throughout your stay.
Book your tickets before you go
We understand the temptation to spread costs and wait until you arrive in Orlando to get your park tickets, but consider this: buy one single-day ticket to just Magic Kingdom Park once you arrive and it’ll cost $135 (approx £112)(2). Now compare that to approx £325(2) for 14 nights unlimited access to all six Walt Disney World Parks, plus complimentary use of Memory Maker (worth $199) — an amazing service that collects digital copies of all your Disney PhotoPass photographer pictures for you to download and share. Still think it’s worth waiting?
Get the My Disney Experience app
So you’ve booked your flights, accommodation and park tickets with us. You’ve had a family chat with Mickey. Now it’s time to ramp up the pre-holiday magic with the My Disney Experience website and app. We. Love. This. My Disney Experience makes it super easy to plan your holiday to perfection. You can customise your MagicBands and access loads of info and easy-to-use tools to link your tickets, resort reservations and dining plans; it also lets you plan each day of your holiday, filling them with FastPass+ selections, dining reservations and times for shows.
Know the parks
We could fill a brochure with all the exhilarating rides, enchanting shows and magical experiences you can have in Walt Disney World Resort’s six parks, but don’t forget all the extra touches that are available. Use your MagicBand to enter your Disney Resort Hotel room and Walt Disney World Parks, as well as accessing Disney FastPass+ attractions and shows(3). You can even use it to purchase food and merchandise at selected locations.
Take the magic to the next level
Do you want to really push the boat out? Then why not create the ultimate Disney holiday by combining an adventure in Resort with a fun-filled Disney Cruise around the Caribbean?
Congratulations. You’ve planned your perfect Disney holiday. Now all you and your family have to do is have the time of your lives.
Paris Stanley - Virgin Holidays
(1) When staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
(2) Prices are subject to change.
(3) Valid Theme Park admission required