Hotels in Langkawi
Essential information for Langkawi
- Fly from Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur then onwards to Langkawi with Malaysian Airlines
Just off the west coast of Malaysia we bring to you Langkawi
A mystical island of rainforest, unique wildlife and luxury beach resorts. A holiday in Langkawi never disappoints. Here are its best attractions.
- Explore the town of Kuah, a key ferry port home to shopping, the striking Eagle Square and a folklore-themed park.
- See up to 500 sea creatures and walk the underwater tunnel at Underwater World in Pantai Cenang.
- Dine traditional Malay style, seated on the floor, at Gulai House – a restaurant in the heart of the rainforest at The Datai Langkawi hotel.
- Enjoy breakfast or morning coffee 700 metres above sea level at SkyBistro in the Langkawi mountains.
- January: The Royal Langkawi Yacht Club hosts its annual regatta.
- April: The Langkawi International Water Festival celebrates watersports with an island-to-island kayak race.
- May: Enjoy one of Langkawi’s greatest delicacies at the International Laksa Carnival.
- Tee off with views of the Andaman Sea at the Els Club Teluk Datai Golf Club.
- Enjoy the honeymoon of your dreams at one of the ultra-secluded beach resorts.
- Enjoy a signature ‘Song of the Malay Rainforest Ritual’ at the V Botanical Spa at The Andaman.
- Indulge in a signature Datai massage and ginseng body polish at The Datai Langkawi.
- Walk the amazing 125-metre long Sky Bridge and take a breathtaking ride up the Machinchang Mountain on the SkyCab cable car.
- Go hiking beside macaque monkeys, flying foxes and other wildlife at Gunung Raya, Langkawi’s highest peak.
- Go island hopping and snorkel or dive in the Coral Garden of Pulau Payar Marine Park.