Where to stay in the Middle East
Holidays in Dubai, Beaches and Beyond
Set upon miles of glorious golden sand, Dubai’s spectacular resorts allow you to luxuriate in five-star glamour, while still reaching the bright lights of the city. The nearby desert is a treasure trove of falconry, sand boarding and dune bashing, perfect for magical adventures on your Dubai holiday.
Holidays in Oman
Home to lost cities, Arabian palaces and a historic fort, Oman is an intriguing mix of old and new. Resplendent mosques and traditional trading towns jostle alongside large complexes and shopping malls. On the idyllic coastline, find some of the most spectacular hotels ever seen.
Holidays in Abu Dhabi
As the capital of the UAE, a holiday in Abu Dhabi combines a 21st Century cityscape with traditional values and hospitality style. Magnificent skyscrapers and water parks rub shoulders with pristine gardens and palatial hotels and mosques. The cultural desert excursions are spectacular.
Hotels in Middle East
The Middle East combines a luxury beach holiday with dazzling cities and culture. Here are some of its best attractions.
- Jumeirah Beach is the longest beach in Dubai, home to all-inclusive hotels.
- Visit the Emirate Palace Abu Dhabi for your own private beach and Marina.
- Ras Al Khaimah has pristine beaches fringed by the dramatic Hajar Mountains.
- Abu Dhabi has top public beaches and fantastic sand on Saadiyat and Yas Islands.
- The Burj al Arab is among the world’s most luxurious hotels with 24-hour butlers and chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royces.
- Abu Dhabi is a prime golf destination. Stay at the Park Hyatt and enjoy the Saaduyat Beach Golf Club next door.
- Oman’s luxury retreats are ideal for honeymoons. Six Senses Zighy Bay and The Chedi Muscat have exceptional spas.
- See beautiful architecture and places of worship at the Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi; the Mohammed Bin Salim Mosque in Ras Al Khaimah and the Bahla Fort in Oman.
- Visit a traditional souk and explore the alleyways of Dubai’s Bastikia Quarter.
- Take the family to Aquaventure Water Park and the Lost Chambers Aquarium in Dubai.
- Take a dune-bashing safari across the desert and enjoy a traditional Bedouin meal.
- Dine in restaurants by Nobu, Marco Pierre White and other celebrity chefs across the UAE.
- January/February: The Shopping Festival in Dubai offers top deals on designer clothes.
- February: See Dhows and traditional boats compete in The Traditional Boat Race, Oman.
- November: The Yas Marina Circuit hosts the Formula One Grand Prix every year.