Hotels in Dominican Republic
Essential information for Dominican Republic
Departure tax is US$20. Scheduled airlines sometimes include this charge in the price of the ticket. Please check at time of booking.
From emerald green mountains and great value beach resorts to a stunning ‘Coconut Coast’, here are the Dominican Republic’s best attractions.
- Head to Macao Beach for pristine sand and a top-notch surf school.
- Arena Gorda is one of the island’s widest beaches and has calm shallow water.
- Bavaro Beach is a lively beach with shopping and must-have amenities close by.
Food & Drink
- Explore traditional ‘Taino’ cuisine made with plantain, yucca and cassava flat breads.
- Indulge in delicious seafood and ‘Mama Juana’ – the fiery local liqueur - at Captain Cook’s or the Jellyfish restaurant in Bavaro.
- Visit rural villages to see locals hand-rolling the famed cherry cigars.
- Take a jeep safari to the island’s lush plantations where cocoa, coffee, coconut oil and vanilla are produced.