Holiday Cut Out AR Competition Promotion Terms and Conditions
By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to participating in Virgin Holidays Holiday Cut Out AR competition (the "promotion"). By participating in the Promotion each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
1. Eligibility for Participation: The Promotion is only open to individuals (referred to as "Participants") Participants must be (i) a resident of the United Kingdom and (ii) over 18 years of age. Participants can only enter the Promotion once only. Virgin Holidays employees and their immediate family are not permitted to enter the Promotion.
2. Access to Promotion: The Participants enter the Promotion by completing the online entry form. To be entered into the Promotion, the entries must include all information required in the entry form. A purchase or transaction is not required to participate or win. Virgin Holidays does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent through agents or third parties. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. Any entries with votes that are deemed to be manipulative will have the manipulative votes discounted from the overall vote total.
3. Participation Period: The Promotion is open for participation from START DATE OF PROMOTION 24/10/2018 and will close at midnight on 06/12/2018. Participants will be notified of their prize by email no later than 30/12/2018.
4. Prize Announcement: The prize information will be sent via the email address submitted at time of entry. If the winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours of the terms of the notification, another entry will be selected and the original winner will forfeit any prize.
5. The Prize:
The prizes consist of a voucher to the value of £5,000 towards the cost of a Virgin Holiday. Offer valid for new bookings made between 00:01 Monday 31st December 2018 and 23:59 Friday 8th February 2019 for departures from Tuesday 1st January 2019 until Tuesday 31st December 2019. The voucher can be redeemed in Virgin Holidays stores, via www.virginholidays.com and via our call centre. The voucher discount is not applicable to APD, flight taxes or fuel surcharges & only available on inclusive bookings which include Flights & Accommodation and does not include Wonderlist bookings, TCD or Fly Drive holidays. A minimum spend of £5,000 applies for all bookings. The voucher is subject to availability and Virgin Holidays standard terms and conditions apply. The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer, promotion or discount including the Frequent Virgin Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and Tesco Clubcard.
The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There are no cash alternatives and the promoter’s decision is final.
6. Selecting winners:
The winning entry will be selected, at random, from the list of entrants.
7. Competition organizer: The Promotion is organised by Virgin Holidays.
8. Personal Data: By participating in the Promotion the Participants hereby consent to the personal details provided by the Participants (i.e. name and email address of Participants) will be processed by Virgin Holidays for the purpose of running and administering the Promotion and for marketing purposes. This data will not be shared with 3rd parties unless otherwise expressed.
9. Virgin Holidays reserve the right to reject entries to the Promotion: All entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will not be considered. Virgin Holidays reserve all rights to decide what is considered inappropriate and/or offensive.
10. Virgin Holidays is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete entries. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, caused by any causes beyond the control of Virgin Holidays which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Virgin Holidays reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
11. Virgin Holidays reserves the right to (i) withdraw the competition (ii) cancel or change the promotion, (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iv) amend these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances make this necessary.
12. Virgin Holidays reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person or contestant.
13. Virgin Holidays is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Promotion. Virgin Holidays is not responsible for any injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with this Promotion.
14. This Promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. Offer valid for Virgin Holidays division of the Virgin Holidays group only, for definition visit virginholidays.co.uk/ourfamily. ATOL protected (2358) and ABTA (V2043).
Let’s get started. Please choose an option below.
Over the past few weeks, we have repatriated our customers from overseas who wanted to come home.
Please visit this page to keep up to date with the Government’s travel advice on returning to the UK, and to register for email alerts.
We are continually reviewing our flying schedules, taking into account the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice against all non-essential travel. Depending on when you are due to travel, your holiday may be affected and we’ll email you to let you know as least 21 days before travel.
Your next holiday is only a click away - our website has thousands of options ready to book. But if you need more help, just give us a call on 0344 472 9646.
With many customers needing our help, we are prioritising those customers due to travel before 31 December 2020. Log in to Manage my booking where you can message us about your options or you can give us a call. Bear in mind you may have to wait longer than expected. We continue to review this and working to open up these options to more customers. In the meantime check out our FAQs to see if this can help answer any immediate questions.
Rest assured; we will notify you as soon as we know if your holiday has been affected.
Please look out for emails from us or visit our dedicated Covid-19 (Coronavirus) page for the latest updates.
If you need to speak to us to change or cancel your booking you can call our team on 0344 472 9646.
For the latest information on Covid-19 you can check our FAQs here.
Don’t worry if you’ve missed a payment or just need a little more time to pay; we have options available to help you. If your holiday is going ahead as planned, you can continue to pay for your holiday in Manage my booking, even if travelling in less than 12 weeks. If you’re unsure, you can delay any additional payments by choosing a new time to travel by requesting a call back in Manage My booking for one of our team to look at options. If your holiday is more than 6 months away, you may wish to set up a Direct Debit to spread the cost. This can be arranged whilst rebooking or afterwards in Manage my booking.
We understand that you may wish to change your holiday plans and we appreciate the need for flexibility.
We'll be in touch by email letting you know how to register to change your holiday plans. You can also log into Manage my booking to find the details there.
If we haven’t notified you of any changes, your holiday will be going ahead as planned but if you prefer to move your holiday to a later time we can help. You can call our team on 0344 472 9499 who can look at options for you.
Payments are being prioritised based on when the request was made, working in order from March 2020 onwards. We will always try to process refunds at the earliest opportunity, for requests before August our maximum timeframe is 120 days. As we are steadily reducing the maximum processing time for each new request, for refund requests made in August, we expect the maximum processing time to be 80 days, from the date the refund is requested. For those requesting a refund in September, we expect it to be processed within a maximum of 60 days, and then reduce to 30 days for refunds requested in October, before returning to normal levels.
To finalise the amendment, one of our customer advisors will phone you. We need to work through amend requests in departure date order so we can prioritise those with the most imminent travel plans, so you may have a longer wait than usual until we’re able to ring you back. We will help everyone that wants to move their holiday.
Talk to an expert