These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and, by participating, all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Virgin Holidays, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF (the “Promoter”)
1. Eligibility: The promotion is open to all UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Virgin Holidays Limited and Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
2. Promotional Period: Opening and closing time of promotion 14th November 2017 at 10.00 AM (UK time) – 3rd December 2017 at 11.59 PM (UK time) – any entries received outside of this time frame will not be accepted. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
3. Entry Instructions: Customers will be provided with an iPad in store, and asked to fill in their name, email address, phone number and tell us about the worst Christmas gift they have ever received.
5. There is a maximum of 1 entry per person across the Promotional Period. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility or liability for any entry not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
6. The prize: All completed entries will be entered into a prize draw. There will be 1 prize overall. The winner will receive £2,000 courtesy of Virgin Atlantic towards a Where I want for Christmas account. Virgin Atlantic’s ‘Where I want for Christmas’ terms and conditions apply, see www.virginatlantic.com/christmas.
7. Prize selection and fulfilment: The prize draw will occur within 14 calendar days of final closing date. The winner will be selected at random from all entries made, via a third party Promo Veritas. The winner will be contacted by a Virgin Holidays representative by either phone or email and will be required to set up a Where I want for Christmas account and provide Virgin Atlantic with a link to the account to transfer the £2000 prize; see www.whereiwantforchristmas.com to set up an account. If the winner is not contactable or fails to respond to initial winner notification within 14 calendar days from the date of the initial notification, the prize may be reallocated by the Promoter to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. The prize will be transferred within 30 calendar days after the winner has shared their account information.
8. General: The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
9. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/ or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
10. The Promoter does not assume any responsibility or liability for communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to notification of any winner.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including, but not limited to, asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 calendar days); to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements. Or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
12. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding.
13. Personal data collected in the course of this promotion will be used for administering the promotion only and destroyed thereafter unless opted in to be contacted outside of the promotion.
14. The winner may be required to take part in publicity with no recompense; this will include the provision of their full name and county for the winners list. As per the requirement under the CAP Code, the name and county of the winner will be available upon request in writing to Virgin Holidays, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF, enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope, within 1 month of the closing date of the promotion.
15. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
16. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.