Where to stay in Africa
Holidays in South Africa
From wildlife spotting on safari to exploring lush vineyards and immersing yourself in city life, there's a new discovery to be made around every corner on holidays to South Africa. This colourful destination is steeped in history and is home to some of the world’s most beautiful undisturbed natural beauty spots.
Holidays in Kenya
Situated on the equator, this East African country has been described as 'the cradle of humanity'. With its scenic beauty and abundant wildlife, Kenya is one of Africa's major safari destinations.
Holidays in Tanzania
Africa at its most wild and unexplored. There is the snow-capped summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, the sun-kissed beaches of Zanzibar and the vast herds of game grazing on the Serengeti plains.
Holidays in Botswana
Lions, wild dogs, spotted hyena, and huge herds of Buffalo can be spotted making their way across Botswana's game reserves. If you're looking for an unforgettable Safari experience, then Botswana is where you need to be.
Holidays in Zambia
Zambia's reputation as a safari destination is slowly building so now is the best time to go. Combined with the stunning Victoria Falls, this is a holiday you will not forget!
Highlights of Africa
A land of dramatic scenery, unique ecosystems and a diverse population, a life-changing journey awaits in Africa. Here are its best attractions.
- Stay at the luxurious Royal Livingstone Hotel in Zambia, right on the banks of the Zambezi River and Victoria Falls, the world’s largest waterfall.
- Experience luxury tented accommodation at Governor’s Camp on the Mara River or Richard Branson’s Mahali Mzuri. During your stay, enjoy champagne picnics and private dining.
- Discover Arab architecture in the exotic Old Town of Mombasa.
- Take a guided tour of a Kenyan village and learn about Maasai tribe traditions.
- See the Dhow building industry, street bazaars and spice farms of Zanzibar.
- Take the family to Kenya, a major safari destination for seeing the Big Five and spot pink flamingoes on Lake Nakaru.
- Go on spectacular game drives in Tanzania across the Serengeti plains.
- See hyena, wild dogs, lions and herds of buffalo in Botswana.
- Sail in a mokoro along Botswana’s Okavango Delta, a river that never reaches the sea, and see 400+ species of bird and the endangered rhino in the Moremi Game Reserve.
Seeing as Africa is the world's second largest and second most-populous continent, I am sure you can imagine just how many beautiful places there are to see within it. Take a look at some of our most treasured locations that will be sure to offer you the holidays of a lifetime in Africa.