Florida’s Gulf Coast offers a Caribbean-like climate and unbeatable wildlife. Here are its best attractions.
- Visit the unspoilt beaches on Siesta Key and Longboat Key off Sarasota.
- Hop on a boat from Bonita Springs to the ultra-secluded Big Hickory Island Beach.
- Tigertail beach on Marco Island is great for those with kids.
- Kayak off the beautiful Clam Pass Beach in Naples or go shelling on Vanderbilt beach.
- Find sugary sands and excellent water sports on Fort Myers Beach, Estero Island.
Sightseeing and Attractions
- Head north of Clearwater to Tarpon Springs. Explore the Greek culture and antique shops.
- Explore the art galleries, Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall and the Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota. For a bit of Old Florida, check out the Historic Spanish Point in Osprey.
Adventure and Wildlife
- Take the kids to see the animals at Naples Zoo or the enchanting Naples Botanic Gardens.
- Spot crocs, manatees and flamingo in the Everglades National Park.
- Tee off at the Dunes Golf Club on Sanibel Island or the famous courses of Sarasota.
- Stay in a private villa in Fort Myers, home to glorious swimming pools with lakeside views.
- Kick back with private cabanas and butler service at South Seas Island Resort, Captiva.
Food and Drink
- Sip on a sundowner and enjoy top-notch seafood at Pier 60 in Clearwater.
- Try honey infused pastries and coffee in the Greek restaurants of Tarpon Springs.
- Visit the Farmer’s Market in Sarasota for local produce and Floridian mangoes.
Events and Festivals
- March: The Gulf Coast celebrates its abundance of lobster in the Crawfish Festival, St Pete.
- October: Fort Myers hosts the annual Beach Pirate Festival.