Hotels in St. Pete/Clearwater
Essential Information for St. Pete/Clearwater
- Daily flights to Orlando
Do I need a Visa?
Our hotels in St. Pete/Clearwater are located approx. 90-minute drive from Orlando and 30 minutes from Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay.
Part of the Tampa Bay area of Florida’s Gulf Coast, St. Pete/Clearwater holidays, with their tropical Caribbean climate and pristine beaches, make for a dreamy getaway.
St. Petersburg lives up to its culturally savvy, artsy reputation, with craft boutiques, farmers markets and galleries galore, while Clearwater is dotted with incredible coastal spots.
Whatever you choose to do, holidays to St. Pete/Clearwater will be nothing short of paradisiacal, but what to prioritise? We’ve got the lowdown on the best places to visit, things to do and experiences not to be missed:
It’s no secret that Florida’s beaches are among the best in the world, and the white sands of St. Pete/Clearwater are no exception, no matter what you’re looking for.
Along the mile-long Treasure Island Beach, all white sands and turquoise waters, you’ll find family-friendly hotels and entertainment, so you can set up shop for the day. Get a taste of old Florida at the lively St. Pete Beach. Ocean enthusiasts and thrill seekers should head here too, as the beach offers great water sports.
Driving over the Dunedin Causeway to Honeymoon Island is a must, but we’ll let you in on a secret: neighbouring this popular beach holiday spot is one of the best, most perfect beaches in Florida, Caladesi Island. You can get the ferry from Honeymoon Island State Park, but launching a kayak from the Causeway is more fun. Even the pickiest beach-goers will admire the pristine white sands and peace and quiet that Caladesi Island has to offer.
Clearwater beach’s bustling Pier 60 and its six covered pavilions is a great spot for street entertainment and cocktails by sunset. If you’re into fishing, this is the place to be, with Spanish mackerel, spotted and silver trout and redfish just some of the many common catches here.
Inject some culture into your holiday with a visit to downtown St. Pete where you will find the Salvador Dali Museum, The Chihuly Collection at the Morean Arts Centre and The Museum of Fine Arts. If street art is more your thing, why not take a walking tour of the many incredible and vibrant murals?
Any trip to the Gulf Coast is going to feel special, but why not take it up a notch? It’s your holiday, after all! Our Clearwater Beach holidays are a cut above the rest – enjoy a Blueberry Bliss Facial at the eco-friendly Sandava Spa at the Hyatt Regency Clearwaterand relax in the climate-controlled pool cabanas. If you’re celebrating something special or just want to treat yourself, our Platinum eco-friendly hotel, Sandpearl Resort, offers you a luxury holiday like you’ve never experienced before.
Golfers, you’ve got to check out the brilliant courses, including the world-famous Copperhead golf course at Innisbrook. Not only are the surroundings beautiful, it’s a lengthy course which will challenge even the longest of hitters.
The climate here means that holidays to St. Pete/Clearwater are far from lacking in impressive nature to admire. Take an eco-tour through the mangroves at Caladesi Island State Park and play marine biologist for the day.
If hiking is your thing, you’re in luck: there’s much to be explored. Take the trails at Brooker Creek Preserve, which is great by bike, too. Winding over creek crossings and through forests of pines, giant oaks and cypress trees, the preserve features many ecosystems and as is as fascinating to experience as it is beautiful to see. Less about hiking and more about leisurely stroll? Take the Education Centre Trail route — the meandering elevated boardwalks take you through bottomland swamps, and the views are spectacular.
Kayaking the waters around Fort De Soto Park is not only a lot of fun, they’re home to some impressive birdlife as well as manatees and other exciting wildlife. Back on land, you might catch sight of an armadillo, if you’re lucky!
- Pier 60 at Clearwater Beach boasts a number of seriously quality Gelatarias, perfect for enjoying on a hot day, as well as beach-style seafood restaurants. Refuel after a long day of, er, relaxing on the beach, with some of Salt Cracker Fish Camps’ sensationally fresh oysters. Best served with a cold glass of white by sunset — the perfect evening activity for Clearwater Beach holidays.
- Hordes of foodies head to the mouthwatering Mazzaro’s italian Market in St. Pete every Saturday, and you should join them. Fresh, homemade pizza, fresh, homemade pasta, fresh roasted coffee and a whole host of cheese and deli offerings… it’s no wonder it’s one of Tampa Bay’s favourite foodie spots. Did we mention everything is fresh?
- For something a bit special, you can’t forgo the dining experience offered by the award-winning Maritana Grille at the Great Gatsby-era hotel, Don CeSar Beach, which is a favourite amongst celebrities.
St. Pete/Clearwater is home to many exciting events and festivals, and any holiday is going to be full of artsy activities. Here’s some to plan your trip around:
- Music fans: every April is the annual Tampa Bay Blues Festival, right on the waterfront in downtown St. Pete. It’s been going since 1995 and it’s always a great deal of fun.
- If you’re into your art, it may come as no surprise that downtown St. Pete hosts an annual arts festival, Mainsail, where 200 or so visual artists and craftspeople come together to display their work. It’s usually held in April, and it’s certainly worth a stroll around.
- If you’re visiting in October, fill up on music and food for the Clearwater Jazz Holiday and John’s Pass Seafood Festival.
Thinking of spending your holidays in St. Pete/Clearwater, Florida? We don’t blame you. Check out our St. Pete/Clearwater hotels today — you’ll be sunning yourself on the Gulf of Mexico before you know it!