Hotels in Maui
Essential information for Maui
Fly to L.A or San Francisco with Virgin Atlantic, stay a night or two, then catch an onward flight to Hawaii with Hawaiian Airlines.
Maui is home to beautiful beaches, hula dancing and fabulous beach resorts. Here are some of Maui’s best attractions.
- Wailea Beach is great for body boarding, surfing, snorkeling and whale watching.
- Maluaka Beach is one of the best beaches for snorkeling with sea turtles.
- Lahaina Beach on Maui hosts traditional hula dancing and is great for couples.
- Polo Beach is a busy, but lovely beach close to the Fairmont Kea Lani.
- Tee off around the foothills of Mt. Haleakala at the Makena Beach & Golf Resort or choose from three courses at the Wailea Marriott Hotel.
- Get some retail therapy in the upscale shops at Wailea, Whaler’s Village and Lahaina Center.
Food and Drink
- Indulge in five Polynesian courses with exotic dancing at Feast at Lele restaurant, Lahaina.
- Take the Maui Chocolate Tour in Huelo and make your own chocolate on site.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at Nick’s Fishmarket at The Fairmont Kea Lani Hotel.
- Visit the Bailey House Museum, home to Hawaiian history and art.
- Learn about Maui’s sugarcane history at the Alexander & Baldwin Sugar Museum. Pick up some cane juice sugar before you leave.
- Explore the West Maui Mountain Coffee at the Ka’anapali Coffee Farm.
Wildlife and Adventure
- Hike above the clouds of the West Maui Forest Reserve for waterfalls and spectacular views. Or trek through Haleakala National Park to the great volcanic peak.
- Explore the beautiful plant life of The Kula Botanical Garden.
Events and Festivals
- Nov-May: Take a kayak, snorkeling or boat tour to spot humpback whales.
- Sept/Oct: The Festivals of Aloha celebrates the Hawaiian culture with live music and entertainment.