- View our brochures online
- Pick one up in a Virgin Holidays store
Family holidays: 100% fun for ages 1-100
Family holidays that keep everyone satisfied can be hard to come by. If you refuse to compromise on much needed pampering for the grown-ups versus facilities for the kids (and we don’t blame you), then be prepared to be amazed, delighted, and all those other emotions because with us, luxury family holidays really do exist. In fact, we’ve got plenty of accommodation options and experiences tailored to the needs of everyone. After all, the name of the game is spending time together.
All of our family holiday packages are easy to find, book and enjoy. We’ve got years of experience finding holidays that meet the needs of all family members - from newborn to grandparent – so we know what works and what doesn’t.
From Disney dreams to active adventures
So, what type of holidaymakers are you? Sightseeing fanatics, watersports, spend-all-day-in-the-sea types, or ‘Where does that road go?’ adventurers? No matter which one, we have a holiday for you.
Every family is different and there are a million and one ways to do a family holiday. We offer as much variety as possible, from lazy beach holidays to world-class theme parks. Whether your dream holiday involves letting your imagination run wild during fun-filled days in Walt Disney World Resort, or road trips, amazing food, and island hopping in the Florida Keys, we’ve got a whole host of family holiday packages to choose from.
Or maybe, like most families, you want a bit of everything and need a place that offers it all in one package. How about Miami? San Diego? Or maybe even Thailand and the bustling city buzz of Bangkok? With our holidays for families, you can choose from a whole range of options, mix and match various destinations, or discover tours that will take you from one side of a country to the other.
Hotels for every family
Finding accommodation is often the toughest part of booking family holidays. Fortunately, we’ve done a ton of research so you don’t have to. We want to offer holidaymakers of all ages what they need to enjoy their getaway, and work with some of the world’s top hotels so we can bring you your perfect break.
We’ve got holidays where mum and dad can relax by the pool, enjoy high-end spa treatments, and dine at spectacular restaurants, while the kids take part in youth clubs, dive into swimming pools, and try their hand at all kinds of sports and activities. We’ve also got holidays that bring families together to enjoy new places and experiences. Most of all, we’ve got family holidays where everyone feels comfortable and catered for. We provide the framework, and you make the memories:
- The Grand Hotel, Grand Canyon, Arizona: a lodge-style hotel that puts you and the family just a short hop from that enormous crack in the ground! This hotel’s even got its own cinema.
- Savannah Beach, Barbados, Caribbean: a family-focused resort with plenty to do for the little ones, and lots of pampering for mum and dad. It’s an all-inclusive package that has everything from kids' clubs and beach games to child-friendly spa sessions and beach movies with popcorn.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Walt Disney World, Orlando: go wild for this African-themed family hotel that puts you right in the heart of the Animal Kingdom experience. A very different, and very special alternative and perfect for adventure-hungry kids.
Activities for everyone
Alongside hotels and tours, excursions are a great way to get to know your surroundings a little better, or experience something new. At all of our family holiday destinations you’ll find something fun for every type of traveller, from Indiana Jones and Lara Croft adventurers to high-maintenance princes and princesses. Whether you’re all adrenaline junkies, history buffs, underwater explorers, or creatures of culture, there’s something for everyone (even teenagers). Here’s some ideas to help you start planning...
- Take a trip to terrifying Alcatraz: walk in the footsteps of Al Capone and discover the grisly secrets of one of America’s most notorious penitentiaries.
- Sea Explorers: dive into the turquoise waters of Key West or snorkel in the crystal clear seas of the Caribbean. Or why not grab your boards and head out in the surf along the California Coast?
- Meet your favourite Disney character: Walt Disney World Resort is every child’s dream (and probably quite a lot of adults, too). Meet Elsa, Mickey, and even Captain Jack Sparrow, and have the time of your life in these Florida theme parks.
In short, do a thousand and one things you’d never expected to do!
All-inclusive family holidays
Want to keep the stress of booking a holiday for the entire family to a minimum? An all-inclusive family holiday is the answer. Book your flights, your transfers, your hotel, your food and drink, and even some excursions and activities before you even close your front door, and your holiday is sorted from start to finish. It’s a great way to organise that family holiday to Orlando, or somewhere more exotic like Africa, or the Caribbean. Plan ahead and you’ll have plenty of time left over to think about those surprise treats for the kids (and yourself – massage, anyone?).
Luxury family holidays
If you want a getaway like no other, then our luxury family holidays are the treat that your whole tribe deserves. Spacious, elegant rooms, personalised service, exclusive views and private beaches – nothing is too good for you when you holiday with us. Sample the best foods, get priority tickets to theme parks that whisk you past the queues and straight into the thick of the action, or be pampered with spa treatments, luxury boat hire, and personalised guided tours. Here’s our pick of some of the most indulgent retreats.
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Penang, Malaysia: possibly one of our favourites, if just for the view! Spas and award-winning restaurants are perfect for parents, while a luxury pool, Adventure Zone and kids clubs and even a babysitting service make sure the little ones are looked after.
- Hodges Bay Resort & Spa, Antigua, Caribbean: with an adult-only only oasis including infinity pools looking over the bay and private cabanas, the Hodges Bay Resort and Spa is the dream family getaway. The little ones will be treated like the VIPs that they are at the Flying Fish Club and the Connect Teens Lounge, leaving you to enjoy a cocktail (or two).
Trust our experience to help you pick the right family holiday
At Virgin Holidays, we’re with you on every getaway, from start to finish. Our dedicated holiday experts can help with first-hand experience and real-life suggestions based on what we’ve found, and what other families have enjoyed. We’re here to help, so get in touch with any questions you may have, or simply to get the ball rolling and begin booking your next perfect family holiday.
If you’re interested in a family holiday to one of our many destinations, take a look at our family hotels and packages below, and make sure you get everything you need for a great time away together.