Hotels in Koh Samui
Essential information for Koh Samui
British citizens do not require a visa for stays less than 30 days.
If you’re into your diving or you fancy doing a PADI course then nearby Ang Thong National Marine Park has a wonderful world of underwater adventure. Tropical fish, coral reefs and safe conditions, all-year-round, make Koh Samui an awesome area for first-timers and gnarly old experts alike.
This idyllic destination has more beaches than any other island in Thailand. Here are some of the best Koh Samui attractions.
- Chaweng Beach, nearly four miles long, is known as the most beautiful beach in Koh Samui.
- Choeng Mon is one of the most relaxing beaches, away from the crowds.
- The shallow waters of Maenam, Bophut and Big Buddha Beaches are great for families.
- Lively Lamai Beach attracts a young crowd and offers bars, shops and nightlife.
Sightseeing and Attractions
- Visit Wat Khunaram in the south to see Koh Samui’s mummified monk, Loung Pordang. Head north to see the colossal ‘Big Buddha’ statue.
- Visit the curious Grandma and Grandpa Rock formations in the fishing village of Lamai.
Adventure and Wildlife
- Enjoy an excursion to the jungle-clad hills for zip-lining and breathtaking views. Explore Namtok Na Muang, the ‘Purple Waterfalls’.
- Swim, kayak and explore the caves and ‘keyhole’ lake in Anthong National Marine Park.
- Enjoy a private pool at Six Senses or a Thai-style haven at Centara Villas – ideal for honeymoon couples.
- Enjoy a relaxing Thai massage in an outdoor cabana at Centara Grand Beach Resort or relax in the hydrotherapy spa at the award-winning Banyan Tree.
Food and Drink
- Visit a market in market and pick up local coffee and Chinese doughnuts.
- Enjoy a tasting menu with breathtaking views at Dining on the Rocks restaurant, Six Senses.
- Lively Sala-Thai is a great place on Lamai Beach for Thai and international food.
Events and Festivals
- May: Yachts set sail from Chaweng Beach for Koh Samui Regatta.
- Mid-autumn: Locals give thanks by offering boats, flowers and candles for The Moon Festival.